Duplicate listing note on non duplicated listings

Just noticed i had this eBay note under 2 auctions i did, in my unsold items

Capture d’écran 2022-01-19 214707.png

It was 2 different items and both were not dupplicates at all... They just had half the title similar because they were similar model of listings, but it was different items. Someone knows what's going on? This is very weird. Is it because it they got reported?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you by any chance use the same photo for both items? If not, I would try changing the words around in the title of one item.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Different photos, it was really different items. They just had the same first words in their title like this:

Capture d’écran 2022-01-20 145300.png

Capture d’écran 2022-01-20 145320.png

  

Although after thinking about it, i had one other auction that could have been seen as dupplicates and was kinda 5x times the same item... I wonder if someone just reported all my listings for it and 2 random of my listings got suspended

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles 

There is a standalone tool for scanning listings looking for duplicates. All that is required is your user name and sites you list on. No password necessary. If something does come up as a duplicate, it will catch. You may just need to modify your title slightly. What I have used in the past is Lot 1, Lot 2 etc. You can even use a slightly different selling price as a bonus modification.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

From time to time I put my listings in alphanumeric order to check for actual duplications.

Because eBay has a habit of relisting sold items this can also be useful if something looks familiar- you can go to your stock and check if it is still there or not.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

From time to time I put my listings in alphanumeric order to check for actual duplications.

Because eBay has a habit of relisting sold items this can also be useful if something looks familiar- you can go to your stock and check if it is still there or not.

I do the same thing when after I've tested with that tool. Usually when you attempt to create a listing you will get an immediate duplicate error message but it's not 100%.  And still coming across listing that seem to have been automagically turfed by ebay.  Problem is bringing them back to life if you can find them via Google. We will have to see what happens when Required IS kicks in later next month to ??? listings. 

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Since dinner was already in the oven I took the baking time to review my listings-- and removed two duplicates.
I also found two where I actually had listed duplicates- because I have more than one item but one was on dotCOM and the other on dotUK.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply