EBay is failing us. they've broken their seller protection promise now multiple times to us

I normally don't post in here infact this is the first time but this is so incredible it can't be ignored.  Here in Ontario Canada we have a rapidly growing courier service named Stallion Express.  They have a website where you can fully track shipments sent and are not just a small outfit they're rather large and I know for certain many eBay users ship with them.

The newest service they offer is done by them and handed to a courier names GSX for final mile delivery.  Normally when you enter tracking into an item not received case within 24 hours eBay's AI software will read the tracking and verify it against the actual tracking at which point it will enter a line stating the item has been delivered .  Then when the customer takes eBay's prompt to escalate and ask for a decision the same AI software doing a humans job saving eBay millions each year recognizes that that seller provided tracking showing delivery and closes the case without penalty to the seller or refund to the buyer.

This however is not the case with stallion express tracking with their own service , the AI does not recognize the tracking and does not verify it as delivered.  When customer escalates it sides with the buyer and refunds them your money while penalizing you in your seller metric which will eventually lead to a top rated seller ( which we are ) losing their top rated seller status as a nice added bonus for eBay's utter disregard for the most basic of tasks (protecting their sellers) as is their promise in seller protection.  YOU'VE BROKEN YOUR PROMISE EBAY !

The first time this happened to me was in mid December and I spoke with customer service . They assured me that they would remove this from my record and escalate to a backchannel team who would possibly refund me and correct the issue.  This was almost 10 weeks ago now and literally none of this happened.

A second time this now happened and on the agent from the first times advice I contacted eBay and explained this and asked someone to verify everything.  It was a supervisor I spoke with this time named Anna and she assured and I asked multiple times for clarity that she had now done something in her backround tool that would prevent this from happening since she personaly verified it's delivery and that she has also escalated the issue to an offline team to fix. She even tried to tell me that a person reviews the case and not a computer program which I know 100% to not be a lie.  UI should have know that wasn't the only lie I was being told.

Well I think you know what happens next.  12:03 this morning customers escalates asking eBay to step in.  eBay AI can't verify the tracking because eBay programmers have not properly programmed it to do so ( A very easy fix according to my programmer friend ) and yet again for a second time my money was given to the customer defrauding me of what is rightfully mine that eBay swore to not let happened.

A third customer has opened a case with the same tracking and I'm certain we're getting the same result.  How do I get to a senior person at eBay ? Surely they can't be okay with what's clearly assisting customers in defrauding sellers because that's what is happening here. i've tried and had nothiong but lies and broken promises given to me on regular agents and supervisors alike.  I'm not sure what to do next and if this is how eBay is going to roll we might have to start looking another direction.  

We can't have our partner assisting our customers in defrauding us for hundreds of dollars a month 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

EBay is failing us. they've broken their seller protection promise now multiple times to us

A/ You did not need to post this two times...

B/ Paragraphs are your friend and way easier on the eyes...

C/ Stallion Express has an iffy reputation at best, both as a company and employer judging by the many online discussions about the company...

D/ What did you ship and to where? Canada, the USA. More Details, Fewer Emotions.

E/ When you use these small companies the last mile is usually the most unreliable, have you watched any Ring deliveries from "the last mile gang" on YouTube...

F/ Another reason why I have used no other shipping service than Canada Post in over 20 years, is not worth the stress that it seems to cause so many people to use these little "courier" services many of which are independent "GiG" workers doing that last mile...

...which is where most of the issues always happen.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@canadian-liquidation-center "courier names GSX for final mile delivery"

I can find nothing about this company, where are they located?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

When a buyer opens an "Item Not Received" case it asks you to provide tracking information indicating delivery, even though you've already supplied that tracking number when confirming the sale. Are you manually adding that number to the case details when a new case is opened? You seem to be thinking that "the AI will already know that tracking has been supplied", which isn't the case for whatever reason; it's been like this for a while that you need to manually add the tracking number again to the case details when an INR case is opened. Who knows why - maybe it's just eBay's way of making sure the seller is active and attentive on the site.

If you HAVE been manually adding the tracking number to the case details then it's a matter of eBay not recognizing/supporting the carrier in question - I believe they have a list of supported carriers/couriers that they accept tracking from. If this is the case then your only hope is to petition Stallion to get in touch with eBay and figure out what the problem is - seems like the use of this GSX is actively harming their customer base that chooses to use eBay.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

C/ Stallion Express has an iffy reputation at best, both as a company and employer judging by the many online discussions about the company...

I'm no paragraph expert but is this a contradiction you've made proving the first to have no truth ?

If you have a name for me to contact at eBay great but to try to invalidate my claim is astonishing. 

1. I put tracking into the case

2. I called to talk with a live manager who assured me it shows delivered and that it's fine

3. I had my money given to customer and have been penalized for it

I point it as points as I guess my high school drop out english isn't okay for you.  eBay very clearly states that if I provide tracking showing it's delivered I'm covered.  It was delivered .  A himan never looked at the case and a program ruled against me.  A human now won't correct this.  

You're telling me this is okay ?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

yes I'm manual entering to the case.  With all other tracking within 24 hours an addition line appears confirming delivery , according to a programmer friend it's a program that's veried the tracking and doing that so when a customer escalates it can see it's delivered and rule in the buyers favour.

Stallion Express tracking doesn't interact that way and no additional line appears after entered leading me to believe their program can't interact with the tracking .

On your second point I'm not sure how getting in touch with gSX will help.  It's eBay's software that is doing all of this.  A human should be doing such an important job especially if mistakes like this are being made but I get why it's not as it surely saves then lots of money.  eBay's software can interact with hundreds of others carriers software, this isn't high level programming either.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

@canadian-liquidation-center "courier names GSX for final mile delivery"

I found a GSX Transport based in the UK that operates a "same day" courier service.  Perhaps that's it?

https://gsxtransport.co.uk/sameday-courier/

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Maybe, as I said in another post in reply to the OPs post, it is missing a lot of "details" about the items and delivery locations...

...that information would help greatly in responding with real information.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Is there tracking information showing delivery on a major carrier's site such as USPS, UPS, Royal Mail etc?  If so, you should be able appeal and ask them to look at the correct site.  But do that with eBay cs on Facebook or Twitter.  You can send a private message there with all of the information.    I don't have the exact links handy on my iPad but it is eBayforbusiness on FB and askebay on Twitter.    If the delivery link is on another site you can give them that link too, it can't hurt to try.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

you stated " C/ Stallion Express has an iffy reputation at best, both as a company and employer judging by the many online discussions about the company... "

you invalidated my 6,000 shipments of personal experience with them which has been a very good experience with an online discussion your read about others experiences .

I appreciate any assistance you may be able to offer me however I'm going to ask you keep your responses to that.

I didn't post this on a whim as an emotional resoponse.  I spent a good hour considering my options and I've tried traditional routes and it;s fallen on deaf ears. I've had plenty of other issues that I've just sucked it up with and tried to resolve without the use of this board but through my own research it seems eBay only listens when you post something viral alerting others to their incompetancy or errors . Every viral youtube video I've watched has had an update stating someone from ebay contacted them and made things right.

That's amazing eh ? They're getting 100% success and I'm getting 0

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

This is exactly what I need , I did hear once I think in a ralli Roots video that they do pay attention to these social media accounts.  Do you possibly have the account names for me.

Thank you so much in advance for your help

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Do you have the traking numbers so we can verify them on different sites?

That information would be useful, this way we can see what ebay saw...

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I am a Stallion client, I also use their new domestic service

A few points.......

- It's GTA GSM not GSX which is why other people can't find them (https://gtagsm.com)

- GTA GSM is not integrated into eBay system which is why the tracking numbers on their own do nothing on eBay

- eBay does not run the tracking system, it's outsourced to Pitney-Bowes.

- There is nothing "iffy"about Stallion, I was using ChitChats for many years but switched to Stallion because of the superior pricing and better choice of services. The don't seem to be as "friendly"  as the ChitChats staff but I'm there to ship and save money not make friends.

Now about your issue, you say you have been getting nowhere with eBay, not surprised, it's Stallion and/or GTA GSM that need to contact eBay to get their carriers integrated into the system.

Now about these INR cases you have been losing......

Do you really get INR claims on shipments that you know have been delivered? I know that occasionally a carrier will deliver to the wrong address but that is pretty rare, I find it hard to believe that your buyers are checking eBay tracking, not seeing "delivered" and then trying to defraud you. Not saying it can't happen but that would be very rare. I personally either ship to Canadian buyers with no tracking at all (Lettermail) or with a service that has tracking but I do not upload that tracking to eBay. I never get INR claims in Canada with one single exception that I can recall when Canada Post "lost" a shipment during the peak of Covid, that package was sent via CP Expedited and the tracking clearly stopped in Richmond BC for 7 weeks before popping up again (too late buyer already refunded).

When you do get these INR claims, I presume you add the GSM tracking to the claim but do you also add in the note to buyer a link to the tracking? I always do that especially when the tracking showing delivery is from a non-standard carrier or if a known carrier when the delivery tracking only appears on a foreign postal service website.

Have you spoken to Stallion about the tracking issue? They need to get GSM added to the eBay list of carriers. The eBay list supports hundreds of carriers but there are THOUSANDS of carriers out there.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Can you post a screenshot of the tracking (redacting any sensitive information)?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Thank you kindly 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

- There is nothing "iffy"about Stallion, I was using ChitChats for many years but switched to Stallion because of the superior pricing and better choice of services. The don't seem to be as "friendly"  as the ChitChats staff but I'm there to ship and save money not make friends.

I also started using chit chats and share your sentiment .  This need service with GSM final mile is considerably better then their previous discounted service with Canada Post on the final mile.  if we can make it work it's a game changer.

Now about your issue, you say you have been getting nowhere with eBay, not surprised, it's Stallion and/or GTA GSM that need to contact eBay to get their carriers integrated into the system.

Copy that, I will call tomorrow to enquire about this, I assumed it was something eBay added on their end.  That's great information , thanks.

Do you really get INR claims on shipments that you know have been delivered? I know that occasionally a carrier will deliver to the wrong address but that is pretty rare, I find it hard to believe that your buyers are checking eBay tracking, not seeing "delivered" and then trying to defraud you. Not saying it can't happen but that would be very rare. I personally either ship to Canadian buyers with no tracking at all (Lettermail) or with a service that has tracking but I do not upload that tracking to eBay. I never get INR claims in Canada with one single exception that I can recall when Canada Post "lost" a shipment during the peak of Covid, that package was sent via CP Expedited and the tracking clearly stopped in Richmond BC for 7 weeks before popping up again (too late buyer already refunded).

I get them at a rate of about 1 in 150 items.  I wish I had your luck when it comes to this . I've been lucky as it's more often in the USA and the software recognizes the USPS tracking I enter but in the last week this has been a canadian buyer that's been shown the tracking in the INR and then doesn't respond until they can escalate.

I will say I don't have it linked yet to my stallion and often don't upload the tracking right away which maybe encourages them to iniate it however the item is very much delivered and they surely have it if they ghost me when I upload tracking to the case.

Iwill be linking our stallion this week as well so it uoploads the tracking to the order to mitigate this going forward.

When you do get these INR claims, I presume you add the GSM tracking to the claim but do you also add in the note to buyer a link to the tracking? I always do that especially when the tracking showing delivery is from a non-standard carrier or if a known carrier when the delivery tracking only appears on a foreign postal service website.

Good idea, I haven't been but I will going forward.  This is what the case looks like

Have you spoken to Stallion about the tracking issue? They need to get GSM added to the eBay list of carriers. The eBay list supports hundreds of carriers but there are THOUSANDS of carriers out there.

That's my next move then .  I appreciate the insight you've taken the time to share it was very helpful.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

This is very helpful.  Thank you

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I get them (problem transactions)at a rate of about 1 in 150 items.

That is better than the retail industry average for failed transactions, which  is reported to be about one percent.

However,  while I have seen that percentage claimed fairly often, I'm not sure if it means by number of transactions or value of transactions.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply