EBay request to send invoice to buyer - is this something new?

I sold an item to an international buyer. I do sell worldwide but buyers in some countries must request a shipping price. I sent shipping cost, buyer purchased, noticed that no payment made yet, then saw in my Sellers Hub under Orders to send buyer an invoice. Is this something new? I don't recall ever having to do this before.

If I hadn't checked my Orders I would never have known that I had to send an invoice.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It shows up now and again, usually when the seller made some change to the original listing, like accepting an offer or for an accepted counter-offer.

The invoice for an overseas sale would likely need you to enter the cost of shipping, which eBay would not automatically know. You have a choice of services, even if you already had the weight and dimensions filled in for Calculated Shipping.

Yiu probably have this, but another, less experienced seller may find it handy to bookmark.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

I sold an item to an international buyer. I do sell worldwide but buyers in some countries must request a shipping price. I sent shipping cost, buyer purchased, noticed that no payment made yet, then saw in my Sellers Hub under Orders to send buyer an invoice. Is this something new? I don't recall ever having to do this before.

If I hadn't checked my Orders I would never have known that I had to send an invoice.

If you did not specify an exact shipping charge to the country the buyer is from then they are unable to pay. The only way they can pay is if you send an invoice! You can tell them the amount but there is no way for the buyer to add that to their payment, checkout will not allow a buyer to alter the total amount.

This is what your buyer sees:

recped_0-1679680488234.png

You can substitute Australia for the country of the buyer.

FYI - Many buyers will just pass on a listing if they see this, in additional it may be having a very negative effect on your searchability on foreign eBay sites.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@msmaggie060 

@reallynicestamps 

Bonus Problem

In attempting to send a revised invoice this morning, the invoice appears to be correct when you are about to send but the one that shows up in your email and with buyer purges the sales tax and any noted corrections. 

Same thing happened last week with a revised invoice I sent for a pick up. The Canadian tax did not display and does not appear when you print a packing slip. Meantime ebay removes the tax with a bare bones display of fees (sellers hub page) for that transaction so complicates sending a correct accurate invoice to buyer and reconciling the information.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@msmaggie060 

@reallynicestamps 

Bonus Problem

In attempting to send a revised invoice this morning, the invoice appears to be correct when you are about to send but the one that shows up in your email and with buyer purges the sales tax and any noted corrections. 

Same thing happened last week with a revised invoice I sent for a pick up. The Canadian tax did not display and does not appear when you print a packing slip. Meantime ebay removes the tax with a bare bones display of fees (sellers hub page) for that transaction so complicates sending a correct accurate invoice to buyer and reconciling the information.

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

This is a known issue according to CS. I do not have any more specifics to the ticket.  Just reporting what I discovered. Service ticket as follows. Date it was originated  was not available.

ticket number INC000004181879

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've noticed that the price information-and even the address of the buyer disappears when I print sometimes. Usually the dotCOM version is the bad one, but when I use dotCA, go to the original listing and print from See Order Details it's fine.

This might be my computer/printer interface however.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@msmaggie060 

@reallynicestamps 

Bonus Problem

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

This is a known issue according to CS. I do not have any more specifics to the ticket.  Just reporting what I discovered. Service ticket as follows. Date it was originated  was not available.

ticket number INC000004181879

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for letting me know about this. I will go ahead and take this ticket number and create a ticket on my end. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply