Ebay buyer is not returning a $200 comic after being refunded by Ebay,Ebay is not helping at all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay buyer is not returning a $200 comic after being refunded by Ebay,Ebay is not helping at all

If the buyer was returning because in their opinion the item  wasn't as described there was no 'challenge' option.  Ebays money back guarantee allows buyers to return items that they are not happy with.  

In situations like this the seller is expected to either refund outright or provide a return label and refund after the return.  Once you have received the item back and refund, eBay returns your fees.  EBay doesn't want to get involved in these types of disputes because they have no idea what was sent out or received. Since there was no return label provided the buyer asked eBay to step in.  Since eBay had to step in they will have given you a defect and your fvf aren't refunded.  

It sounds like you were misled by the 'eBay assistants' so there is a slight chance that you will be able to get your fees back and appeal the defect if you contact eBay on FB as femmefan suggested.  But eBay can not force the buyer to send the item back at this point so you may want to contact the buyer and see if they will send the comic back if you send a return shipping label.

I'm sorry that happened. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

We need more information please.  Did the buyer open a return request? What was the reason for the return?  What happened then?  If the retu4n request stated that the item wa not as described you had the option of agreeing to a return, paying for a return label and refunding when you got the item back. The other option was to refund immediately which means that you are letting them keep the comic.   Did you choose on of those options?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had had pressed the button return the comic by mistake and didn't have any options to change it to challenge the request. I contacted Ebay three times to tell them that i had mistakenly pressed the return button and Ebay automatically refunded the buyer the comic after five days because they say i was suppose to send the buyer a return shipping label.

I tried explaining to the Ebay assistants the situation six or seven times.They all told me that they understood the situation and that they would make a report and send it to their superiors.I was told to send a request to the buyer to return the comic and ask him to charge me in which i did.I was told by Ebay three times that i would get a refund if the buyer didn't return the comic and still waiting.The never returned my $200 comic and never answered me.He received my refund in which Ebay did without my consent and he still kept the comic that he claimed wasn't as described.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have been a seller on Ebay since 1999 because Comixdaily is also mine and my sons...

I never had something like this happened to me in which Ebay didn't take care.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You accepted a return for refund.

But you didn't send Return Shipping.

EBay followed through by refunding the buyer, which was is what No Returns means.

Even with a No Returns policy, sellers are allowed to demand return before refunding.

You didn't.

Send the Return Shipping Label now.

Most people are honest and he may just be waiting for that.

If he doesn't use it, the cost will be refunded.

You could try the eBay social media, which unlike the phones, are covered by actual employees, but at best....

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can send a USPS label by using Shippo.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If the buyer was returning because in their opinion the item  wasn't as described there was no 'challenge' option.  Ebays money back guarantee allows buyers to return items that they are not happy with.  

In situations like this the seller is expected to either refund outright or provide a return label and refund after the return.  Once you have received the item back and refund, eBay returns your fees.  EBay doesn't want to get involved in these types of disputes because they have no idea what was sent out or received. Since there was no return label provided the buyer asked eBay to step in.  Since eBay had to step in they will have given you a defect and your fvf aren't refunded.  

It sounds like you were misled by the 'eBay assistants' so there is a slight chance that you will be able to get your fees back and appeal the defect if you contact eBay on FB as femmefan suggested.  But eBay can not force the buyer to send the item back at this point so you may want to contact the buyer and see if they will send the comic back if you send a return shipping label.

I'm sorry that happened. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply