Ebay delisting my items again losing sales because of this

ebay has  done it again its been two months since last time they delisted my items  that time it was over a hundred (100) lost listings  i had over 2000 listings --- it took me over a month to get them all back  and listed again- new pictures etc undated files etc - well they doing it again this day  today they delisted 19 items -- so iam back at it again at least this time i found them  in my ended list and i can relist  them why does this happed ? i phoned to ask -- as usuall no help - just sell more and they will repopulate i was told -- oh well i was going great after i worked on the first screw up for about 7 weeks and actually getting ahead and even making a small profit for that month very rare thing for me during those seven weeks -- so i guess they don't want you to succend to much they have to make life a litte misrable for me for a while --- life is what it is  up and down at least this month my health is better and not off the hospital as much -- maybe next month april will be better i hope so  

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since at the moment you actually know which listings went AWOL, it might be a good idea to contact devon@ebay  with the information.

Most of the time when this happens, the seller does not have up to date information, like listing numbers to help the eBay employee understand the problem.

BTW- don't use the phones.

Use the employees assigned to social media accounts.

They are better trained and have some authority.

Plus you get a transcript of the conversation, so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

https://www.facebook.com/ebay— Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

EBay has been doing this for years. At one point they were leaving us warnings/notices that a given item had been without sales for 16months.

I found that useful, since I could look at those (for me long tail) items and consider if the listing needed refreshment.

Sometimes that meant closing it for a few weeks, sometimes it meant donating it, sometimes it meant raising or lowering  the price.

But even in those days, occasional items would just disappear.

When we moved house, I learned that the 1500 or so books I had listed and which were still on my shelves, had another 2,000 which had been listed at some point, but which had simply disappeared from eBay.

Now I keep pictures of all my books in a desktop file along with my written descriptions including HTML coding. If something disappears I can relist relatively quickly.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Since at the moment you actually know which listings went AWOL, it might be a good idea to contact devon@ebay  with the information.

Most of the time when this happens, the seller does not have up to date information, like listing numbers to help the eBay employee understand the problem.

BTW- don't use the phones.

Use the employees assigned to social media accounts.

They are better trained and have some authority.

Plus you get a transcript of the conversation, so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

well  its saturday  68 items now delisted and not for sale  up from 19 this week - guess i will be out of things to sell  in less than 90 days if this keeps up and just when i thought i had nice things to say about ebay  bang they keep you in  your place -- good thing iam now selling on another site and even though it's alot smaller in sales volume i getting sales with just a small amount of items ---- guess its going to get larger if this keeps up 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Arethey on you Unsold List?
Relist them.

Use Sell Similar, since most posters seem to think that give you a tiny boost.

BTW -do you see anything about missing Requirements in the Unsold List?  That might make a difference.

And - Had the listings been up for a "long time"? I often have listings that sell after being posted for years, occasionally decades.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

today is monday april 1st and have now have  98 listing delisted and put into  unsold list 

and no it won't let me relist or do anything to the listings like change up the listing 

they are just punishing me for some reason even though i have sold quite a few item this weeks it won't let relist or add to or refreash any listings  iam now below 1800 of the 2000 listings i have just a week ago  all they say is i have to sell more to get back my listing utter **bleep** iam seeling more and chnages nothing -- one lister on another site told me nothing will happen till the 20 of the month even though iam at 1.94 as of today in bad boy points i have to wait so 20 days to go at a average of 20 lets say listings delisted per day is about 400 listings gone by then about 1/5 of my listings and most of it  is good stock good item at 50 % off my regular  low prices just to sell ---- guess i should have kept promo listings and just raised my prices the 10 or so % needed by them -- the 85 dollars i pay for a store mean nothing except free listings i guess expect now  iam paying 85 dollar a month just so i can not list  heavens this place is mixed up -- but i most be patient - iam told as all things come around sooner or later even with all green arrows going up it means nothing punishment is punisgment i will just have to suck it up ----- last said about this - it just makes me upset and my health condition are such i have to worry more about getting myself to worked up to cause the meds not to work ---  

somebody pray for me ---------will you

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

What are "badboy points" ?
Have you been getting Defects?

Usually we see negs when a seller starts accumulating those and you have only a couple of months old neutrals. (EBay doesn't use FB to assess member accounts, but FB can indicate problems.)

You've been selling for a few years and have about 1400 sales under your belt.

So you shouldn't have any restrictions on the number or value of your listings.

And you've been selling steadily so there shouldn't be any question of hijacking.

I'm wondering about the $85 for a Store.

You have about 2000 listings, and you get 1000 with a Basic $25 subscription.

What do you have in promotional Free Listings?

The $75 subscription gives you 10,000 listings.

all they say is i have to sell more to get back my listing

Your sales don't seem to have slowed down at all, picked up if anything.

Who are "they"?
Have you been on the phone?
Don't.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

just an update as of april 4 th iam now 230 listings delisted -- and the  count keeps getting higher precentage each day - trying to add as much as i can to my other site but that is far slower to do than iam losing ground here -luckly for me i am doing ok this week with a couple of good sales with repeat customers  in two weeks iam closing my ebay store for 10 days to go to my youngest son's wedding out of country (hope i can make the trip med  wise) maybe just maybe the onslaught on my listings will stop i only have six outstanding defects from over 10-12 months ago one about everyother month -- but that doesn't seem to be the issue at 1.94 % - thats lower than 2% the max defect rate they have said -- grind my teeth and hold on at this rate i will be out of things to sell month end  here in 30 days   if this rate %  wise increases daily like it has 

thanks to all for advice getting ahold of ebay is useless they have the same line all the time  sell more and use promo listings  i can't till this is over get back into promo listings - which now in hind sight i should have not dropped  paying the price now  down to 50-60 %off all my items even at their already below wholesale prices now almost give away  prices -- but i will keep going best i can -- just need to stay ahead of the monthly bills that keep adding up each month selling here ------ maybe the other site will improve   

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

thanks for your advice --  seems ebay has noone that knows what the problem is  like last timw about a year ago it resolves itself -  i hope sooner than latter  thanks for the tips mind you 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

katoro-4
Community Member

Keep us posted.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

it is now sunday april 07 and they have as of last night delisted 310 listings of mine  so each day it gets greater in the precentage that they delist out the 2000 listings i had at the start of the month iam down a 1/6 of my good selling items -- the onsaught continues -- and no end in sight --- lord have mercey-- i still had sales this week which has no effect on deaf ears at ebay --  but at least my expenses ebay and storage have been covered for the month - i think i will ask for a refund on my store subscription at 80 dollars per month as it does now nothing for me and is a added expense i will wait till  april 22 to do that as that is date they use to evalueuate  your account  i am hoping but hope is fading that at that time things will go back to normal--  who knows pigs fly don't they?do they?

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Can you help with this?

@dobo5250 

Do you not have any promotional Free Listings? I have Basic Store and have been getting a promotional 10,000 freebies every month for many months , well over two years.

I agree that there is no point in paying for a more expensive Store if you cannot keep up the number of listings you are paying for.

There is no Store subscription at $80 monthly that I know of. What do you have?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

The Premium Store is $75 a month. Fortunately you can drop that without penalty. (If you had an annual contract it would be only $60 a month, but there is a penalty for early ending of the contract.)

Do your dropped listings go to your Unsolds List?
If they do, can you relist them from there?

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

What are "badboy points" ?
Have you been getting Defects?

Usually we see negs when a seller starts accumulating those and you have only a couple of months old neutrals. (EBay doesn't use FB to assess member accounts, but FB can indicate problems.)

You've been selling for a few years and have about 1400 sales under your belt.

So you shouldn't have any restrictions on the number or value of your listings.

And you've been selling steadily so there shouldn't be any question of hijacking.

I'm wondering about the $85 for a Store.

You have about 2000 listings, and you get 1000 with a Basic $25 subscription.

What do you have in promotional Free Listings?

The $75 subscription gives you 10,000 listings.

all they say is i have to sell more to get back my listing

Your sales don't seem to have slowed down at all, picked up if anything.

Who are "they"?
Have you been on the phone?
Don't.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

@reallynicestamps 

@dobo5250 

If a seller has a basic store and is getting the 1000 free listings and qualifies for the additional in specific category bonus, in practice if they go over their allotment shouldn't any additional be billed through as .20 each (plus applicable tax) as they happen? Nerve racking in principle but that was supposed to be how it worked when ebay eliminated monthly invoices. I'm personally closing in on that predicament. I could either upgrade my store or end and cycle through longtail listings. That choice would be up to the seller. Unsure still what I will decide to do. Maybe a 2500 listing store would/could work for sellers. Just a thought.

As this has been going to @dobo5250  and others for a number of months it sounds more like it is a technical issue at eBay's end vs something the seller is doing wrong because whoever they are speaking to is recognizing it as a problem. Now just a matter for eBay to follow up with a solution.

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Unfortunately the Facebook/twitter route does not work for everyone. And if the backup CS does not have a solution they just do what they can to get you off the line as quickly as possible as mentioned in the previous post. This seller needs a solution not a "we are looking into it" response with no followup or timeline.

The main reason I have been following along with this issue is another 2 year plus seller I am aware of listings listing numbers in hub not matching the listing numbers that show when a buyer looks. It hovers between 20 and 40 at a time (for the last few months). This is not what sellers are paying for.  Impossible to know which ones are MIA and this specific issue has been on eBay radar since beginning of January. And there is an open ticket. Hard to know if the 2 issues are directly related but sure appears be to be possible.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

If a seller has a basic store and is getting the 1000 free listings ... shouldn't any additional be billed through as .20 each (plus applicable tax) as they happen?

Yes.

My question is based on the promotional 10,000 listings I've been getting every month for over a year.

I have no idea why I am so "blessed"?

Go to My eBay-> Overview->Promotional Listings.

Do you have none? 

I have another suggestion if @dobo5250 has courage.

I am registered on dot CA (my home site, Canada) but I list more on dotCOM.

My Basic Store subscription gives me those 1000 dotCA listings PLUS 1000 dotCOM* listings.

At no extra charge.

@dobo5250  If you decide you want to do this.

You will be listing in Canadian dollars, but your US customers will see your prices in US dollars.

You will have to ship to Canada.

You will have to choose the USA as an International destination. (Canada will be domestic)

You will only be able to use Flat Rate Shipping, which is difficult for stuff that has variable prices for Destination.

I believe that most Canadian sellers follow the same business plan, because the US market is the biggest in the world, we are less worried about non-Canadian buyers, and the postal services are closely intertwined.

You could try it for a few or a few dozen listings.

As long as the deleted listings are not actually items that eBay does not allow to be sold here at all.

*I would not be surprised if I could also get 1000 Australian or UK or French listings.  Although Ireland is in the EU and the site is in English which might be easier although I am fluently bilingual.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

This may have been asked before-- but has eBay asked you to show provenance for your items?

That has been a problem for sellers of high value/high fraud items like sneakers and electronics.

Doesn't seem likely with your product mix, but we may as well eliminate that.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

I just realized you are a Canadian seller and this is the Canada Board.

Tchah.

Well, same suggestion.

List the deleted items on dotCOM instead of dotCA. 

today is monday april 1st and have now have 98 listing delisted and put into unsold list

You won't be able to move them, just reconstruct them. Hope you keep your pictures in a desktop file.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

Anyone with a basic store gets 10,000 listings in specific categories.  For a while there was a special promotion for 10,000 in any category.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

devon@ebay 

Can you help with this?

@dobo5250 

Do you not have any promotional Free Listings? I have Basic Store and have been getting a promotional 10,000 freebies every month for many months , well over two years.

I agree that there is no point in paying for a more expensive Store if you cannot keep up the number of listings you are paying for.

There is no Store subscription at $80 monthly that I know of. What do you have?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

The Premium Store is $75 a month. Fortunately you can drop that without penalty. (If you had an annual contract it would be only $60 a month, but there is a penalty for early ending of the contract.)

Do your dropped listings go to your Unsolds List?
If they do, can you relist them from there?

Hi @reallynicestamps! I can jump in and help on this. @dobo5250 can I have you reach out to me via email through askcommunity@ebay.com and I can provide more details on this.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

thurday april 11th -- my wedding annviv---- happy anniv honey----- well back to sullen busness now 489 listings have been delisted as of today ---   sales still up this month so it makes it bearable i guess just all those listing not viewed makes get mad --  off to afternoon med nap then back at it watching the listings go down 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

thanks for tips  yes they go into unsold folder for now so i have to be careful when this gets resolved to only relist the item delisted not sold as usuall 

as of today it won't let me relist or change anything on any listing and yes the phone and email people all same the same thing do more  and it will resolve otself on the 22nd of this month when i get out badboy status  even though for a month now i have been at 1.95 % default  i  will make decision  on the 23rd as to weather to contunie as by then i will now have very little listings to sell with -- fingers crossed -- iam glad my other site is doing ok ( just ok imited number of sales ) iam listing as couple items every day as best i can  

Message 20 of 26
latest reply