Ebay not updating tracking

Again my last two parcels were delivered and I got feedback from both buyers.  However, ebay has not updated the tracking to show as delivered.   This has been an off/on problem.  Some tracking is updated and others are not.   Time consuming for me to have to go to Canada Post's website to check on delivery and then add note to listing that parcel was delivered.   Is this ever going to be fixed?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ebay not updating tracking

byto253
Community Member

I am assuming that these were for deliveries to Canada?  This is an ongoing glitch, and I have the same thing happening for some shipments.

Tyler had a thread where we shared examples so that he could bring that to the tech team, and the instances did seem to go down, but it is still around.  

Edit:  Here is that thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Help-us-find-the-bug-Tracking-info-not-updating/m-p/4676...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes, these were deliveries in Canada.  I tried contacting Ebay and was told it was a problem with Canada Post.  Then I contacted Canada Post and was told it was a problem with Ebay.  Talk about passing the buck.   I think the sellers are the only ones with the problem!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Always use Canada Post tracking

Always......

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@pmlinne wrote:

Again my last two parcels were delivered and I got feedback from both buyers.  However, ebay has not updated the tracking to show as delivered.   This has been an off/on problem.  Some tracking is updated and others are not.   Time consuming for me to have to go to Canada Post's website to check on delivery and then add note to listing that parcel was delivered.   Is this ever going to be fixed?

Why do you need to look up the tracking (especially if buyers have indicated they have received the packlage)?

As far as getting "fixed", as long as Pitney-Bowes runs the show for eBay probably never.........

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am not a high volume seller so I tend to check on the progress of parcels for my peace of mind.  When I have gone to ebay to check on parcels, the latest message is "In transit" and this never changes.   If I feel that enough time has passed, I then to go Canada Post's site and then find out that the parcel has been delivered.   I can't rely on buyer's feedback to know if a parcel has been delivered because some don't leave feedback at all or may leave it several days after receiving the parcel.   If a buyer were to file "item not received", would ebay look at their tracking update or would they go to Canada Post to find out if it had been delivered?  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, this has been happening for a while. Only on Canada Post shipments. None of the Canada Post tracking numbers I've entered onto transactions have updated to "Delivered" (despite saying so on the Canada Post website), they always stop one or two entries before "Delivered".

I brought it up a few weeks ago in a Weekly Chat Session with tyler@ebay and he said it was just a delay with the "handshake" between eBay and Canada Post, but there's definitely something wrong going on as I have shipments that were delivered a month ago that still don't show as delivered on eBay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is happening with Canada to Canada Fedex as well.  Five days late on tracking updates.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@pmlinne, have you considered setting up an email alert on Canada Post's website?

I've done that whenever I've sent something via registered mail or Xpresspost, and when the package is delivered have received a message that a signature (or doc stating a signature is on file) is available for download.

Doing so can also provide alerts regarding any delivery problems.

In one case after receiving a "Final Notice" I messaged the customer with the tracking number and address/hours of the RPO where the package was being held.  The package was picked up within a few hours, the customer thanked me for the message, and also left positive feedback (a rarity on that webite).

In another case it took 4 business days for an OOP DVD to be scanned-in at Winnipeg and another 8 business days before departed for Brandon.   The customer did not acknowledge the update messages I sent apologizing for the delays, but so that may have precluded negative feedback.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply