Ebay still hasn't given back my September Insertion fees

I'm hoping someone can direct me to anyone at ebay that can actually help me with a problem. I've already talked to enough agents on the phone and through the Ebay Chat line for over a month now who have

promised my insertion fees would be given back to me as it was a computer bot error on ebay's part.

The fees add up to about $3777 and so far I've gotten nowhere with any of these people.  It's frustrating and at this point I would like to talk to a manager or supervisor, basically anyone with a clue or could actually direct me.

Is there a complaint line I could call about ebay, anything above an agent.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay still hasn't given back my September Insertion fees

There is the Chat (not phone) connection at Help & Contact.

This is a written conversation, not oral, so you can double check the transcripts to be sure that what you think you heard was what was actually said.

And also FaceBook and Twitter.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Unlike the phone reps, who are subcontractors, these all appear to be manned by actual trained eBay employees.

How on earth did you manage to rack up $3777 in listing fees when there are literally thousands of Free Listing promotions available?
Are you sure you were not using options like Bold Title or Auction Reserve?  Many of these are non-refundable.

Are you unclear on the difference between Listing fees (which run around 35c each after the  Free Listings are used) and Final Value Fees which are charged on sales and shipping and run from 0% to 14.55% of the buyers' payments depending on category?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

i have been doing this for 21 years i never had a problem including this year up until September, all of a sudden they stopped crediting me for my Good Til Cancelled auctions. For some reason after 123 auctions it didn't credit me the other 6,000 auctions. I didn't realize it until one day I'm in my bank account a few days and I see Ebay took out $2000, then $1500 and then a few more dollars out of my account. 

As I said for years I've done the same way I would never list that much unless there was a promo. They even tried to deny there was a promo for me and I had to send them a screen shot for proof. I couldn't believe it, thankfully it's still in my dashboard as shown in the picture below.

ebay dashboard screenshot.png

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The FREE listings do NOT include extra features such as BOLD, subtitles & ONLY apply to certain categories...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

all of a sudden they stopped crediting me for my Good Til Cancelled auctions.

Auctions are not Good Til Cancelled.

They last for 3,7, or 10 days.

Only Fixed Price listings are Good Til Cancelled.

EBay is inconsistent about calling various formats their correct names.

Auctions can include Best Offer or Buy It Now. They have a fixed length.

• In some circumstances, unsold Auctions may be relisted, but only a few times.

Fixed Price can include Best Offer . They are Good Til Cancelled and will relist automatically every month.

• Sometimes eBay calls Fixed Price "Buy It Now", which is sloppy and confusing.

If you have a promotional Free Listing for Fixed Price, you can't use it for Auction.

If you have a promotional Free Listing for Auction, you can't use it for Fixed Price.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

From what I understand the "100K Free Insertion Fee Listings" promotion included both Fixed Price and Auction listings. Plus it seemed to work fine the previous month, looking at OPs screenshot (assuming he's doing the same thing month to month and just relisting or re-running auctions every month).

OP - by any chance did you drop to a Below Standard selling level at some point around when this happened? Reading the terms for the free listing promo it seems like that would be one of the only things that would make your listings ineligible for the promo. Either that or it was a genuine glitch. Strange.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@retrosportsthings 

You should post your question in tyler@ebay  's Community Chat about specific problems we have been having.

He is not always fast but he often has useful advice, if only in showing you where you should be asking questions instead of where you have been asking questions.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946! And for setting realistic expectations of my responsiveness (not sarcastic, I appreciate the understanding that I can be delayed). 

@retrosportsthings - this promotion ran uninterrupted until November 1, did you receive the promotion in October as well? I don't see it in the screenshot you shared. 

If you didn't receive it in October I'm inclined to agree with @dinomitesales - there was something that precluded you from receiving it. If your account dropped Below Standard that would be one reason. 

If that's the case, the insertion fees would have been appropriately charged. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Not sure if it is relevant but in the original post it mentions the following:

Ebay Chat line for over a month now who have promised my insertion fees would be given back to me as it was a computer bot error on ebay's part.

Was @retrosportsthings maybe given bad information? From their perspective I can understand the frustration due to the amount involved. If they no longer qualified for the promotion they should not be seeing on their hub page and been properly advised by CS when they spoke to them vs a bot error.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Not sure if it is relevant but in the original post it mentions the following:

Ebay Chat line for over a month now who have promised my insertion fees would be given back to me as it was a computer bot error on ebay's part.

Was @retrosportsthings maybe given bad information? From their perspective I can understand the frustration due to the amount involved. If they no longer qualified for the promotion they should not be seeing on their hub page and been properly advised by CS when they spoke to them vs a bot error.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - if our suspicion is correct I would agree that inaccurate information was given, and that's something that can be coached for certain. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply