End of year promo for NEW listings on ebay.CA

Check your promotions section in the seller hub.

For Canada based sellers listing on ebay.ca by January 5, 2020 (Sunday).

3 new listings that sell have no FVF charged.

Offer must be activated.

GTC and auctions that automatically renew do not qualify.

Sell similar should work.

Certain categories (and all subcategories under them) are excluded.

Cars & Trucks (6001), Motorcycles (6024), Boats (26429), Powersports (66466), Real Estate (10542), Other Vehicles & Trailers (6038), Commercial Printing Presses (26247), Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts (67145), Heavy Equipment (177641)

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/ZeroFVF.html#termsAndConditions

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Listing fees DO apply.  The only "free" part is the Final-Value-Fee.

To be "free" your listing if Buy-It-Now must sell in the first 30 days, if auction must sell in the first listing period that you use (1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 days).

-..-

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

i accepted, and listed 3 new items, but my total still show 0/3. normally with this type of promo, it counts down as soon as i list.. not as i sell, so what's up this time!!

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

@esclyons 

It seems to be another case of an offer being left up to everyone's personal interpretation. It's new  or relisted/sell similars of GTC listings. Only pays off on the first 3 sales of those items that sell in the stated time frame. Sortof a first come, first serve scenario. And with no real-time logging that was included in the past.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

i accepted, and listed 3 new items, but my total still show 0/3. normally with this type of promo, it counts down as soon as i list.. not as i sell, so what's up this time!!

This type of promo only counts down when you have a sale.

The ones that count down immediately usually have a "free insertion" as part of the promo.

-..-

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

... It seems to be another case of an offer being left up to everyone's personal interpretation. It's new  or relisted/sell similars of GTC listings.

I'll point at "Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function will be charged" as saying they are not eligible.

It's one of those Xmas gifts where we are shaking the box to see what's inside. Need to open the box and shake out some sales to find out what's inside.

-..-

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

From the terms and conditions of the promo:

"Please note that the discount may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice."

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

With every offer free hoops to jump through will now be included. Separate unknown shipping and processing may or may not apply.  upside_down

-Lotz

Not so ancient joke variation. How do you keep an eBay seller in suspense?

scroll please

I will tell you tomorrow.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

my follow up question would be, does the free final value fees, apply to the first 3 items i list during the promo, like it normally does when you get the "sell 5 items, and only pay 1$" promo?

or does it only count the first 3 items you sell, out of all the items you list during the dec27-jan-4th time frame..

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Yes me too. Its not working. I reread the promotion briefly to see if maybe certain things are not allowed and didn't see that. So what's up with that is right.
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Why doesn't the number go down It says 0/3 and stays there. I have posted a couple of new items and its still sitting at 0/3. Shouldn't it tell me I have used 2 of these promos?
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

my follow up question would be, does the free final value fees, apply to the first 3 items i list during the promo, like it normally does when you get the "sell 5 items, and only pay 1$" promo?

or does it only count the first 3 items you sell, out of all the items you list during the dec27-jan-4th time frame..

It applies to the first 3 items that you sell that were listed in that time frame.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:
Why doesn't the number go down It says 0/3 and stays there. I have posted a couple of new items and its still sitting at 0/3. Shouldn't it tell me I have used 2 of these promos?

No, because the promo isn’t used until one of the items that you listed during the promo time sells. Regardless of how many items you list during that time, the promo will  apply to the fist 3 listings that sell.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Well that's bright. Now I don't know what's what. Don't even know what or if its even used. Do relist count as an item?
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

When an item that qualifies sells, you will see the counter change.

In other promotions I thought that they did count gtc if they relisted during the promo time but it sounds as if they might not count this time.  But I'm not certain either way.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Also do not like the way the promo is set up but that's eBay's ambiguous doings that seem to occur more and more these days...

do not know for sure about re-lists other than "auto-relists" do not apply. To be on the safe side, one could always use the "sell similar" feature.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

My guess is that not including GTC'd that automatically relist was their "workaround" for the fine sellers that activate a listing and then had listings not of their choosing automagically apply to that promotion. Some kind of logging/tracking/acknowledgement/confirmation/ummm proof of listings applied   would be awesome!!!  

-Lotz (Always a dreamer)

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

But really, How much more confusing can this promo get regarding Fixed Price listings??:

"Invited sellers (“Sellers) who activate the offer and then list during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay no final value fees (“Promotional Rate”) for up to three (3) items sold that are (i) listed during the Promotion Period (the “Promotion”) and (ii) sold before the listing is automatically renewed for Fixed Price and Buy It Now listings or during the first listing period for auction-style listings."

"Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion, or after the Promotion Period (including ‘Good til Cancelled’ auto-relists) will not be eligible for the Promotion."

"Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function will be charged."

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Exactly. The way this one is done sucks. Now don't even know if I used them all or not and which ones will apply to this promotion. When I didn't see the numbers go down I kept on listing thinking maybe we had to reach our monthly limit. I'll pay the fees on a $20. item as opposed to $500 that I was going to list.
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

A lot of hogwash. Might as well not count on this one for anything.
Message 20 of 34
latest reply