Error - There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.

I haven't sold anything in the past 10 years here and decided to sell again.

I sold an item but can't send an invoice. I get the error "There was a technical error - please try again in a moment."

Anyone know how to fix this, because eBay support has no idea?  They just tell me the problem has been logged.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

According to other reports of this the invoice does get sent even though you get that message. Next time you try it, check off ‘send copy to my email’.  If you receive it, I would assume that your buyer also got it.

Usually you shouldn’t have to send an invoice unless you need to change the shipping amount. When it is a best offer situation the invoice will be for the amount accepted in the offer.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've been getting this error message too fairly frequently lately as well.  I've been finding that sometimes if I click thru it again it works and sometimes I have to close off what I'm doing and go in again.  I've also found that the invoice has gotten thru, in one case on all three times I sent it.  With one transaction I got that message three times and then half an hour later I got notice of all three sent invoices.  It's annoying.  I'd check with the customer to see if they got it, I've had two or three instances in the last week and a bit where this has happened.   I write it off to all the tweaking they have been doing with site code as a result of covid.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply