Estimated delivery date extensions?

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've been amazed at how quickly my shipments have been received.
I've been fortunate, but do have concerns when I note the estimated delivery date from Ladner,  B.C. to Texas, New York, or Florida is less than that to Ontario or Quebec. (Yes, all is set up properly.)

Not in the world I live in.

There are many sellers receiving, 'Where's my stuff?' messages.

It's naive to deny delays may occur during a pandemic.

There haven't been any Canada or U.S Post service disruptions?

Amazon 'one day' deliveries are taking 1-2 weeks for delivery.

How quickly are you getting your home delivery from the local supermarket or Costo these days?

Yup, I think about a week if you're lucky.

How about it?

How about estimated delivery date extensions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Estimated delivery date extensions?

There is this:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Temporary-changes-to-timelines-for-Returns-and-Claims-dur...

I've noticed some online (mostly FaceBook) chatter about AZ Prime being an expensive way to receive your order a month later.  So at least some buyers are disenchanted by AZ's unfulfilled promises.

Probably not the same ones who believe they deliver by drones though.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

"AZ Prime being an expensive way to receive your order a month later"

Haha, yes indeed.

I'm a subscriber, and accept the delays, but also feel it's not too unreasonable to expect an extension to my subscription relative to the period Amazon is taking my money and not fulfilling PRIME.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mcrlmn 

May have been much more helpful if this had been administered from a Sellers perspective vs the current Buyers perspective when it's so obvious there are going to be delays in delivery. Estimated delivery date extensions makes total sense to me. Stop holding sellers accountable for something they have 0 control of. My most recent incoming delivery from Mtl to Calgary by letter was 13 days including weekend. Expedited from Toronto was showing expected delivery 5 days before it actually arrived. Just how it is and will/can be for awhile.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Delay.JPG

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This is what I have been seeing as of late from Calgary. Dropped off 3 days ago.US ShipmentUS Shipment

I've also watched them being scanned by clerk and then not seeing the acceptance scan in system. Next scan I will see is either out for delivery (Canada) or being processed at US Hub.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes Lotz that is what I have been seeing as well.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply