Experiences of not as described false claim

Hello,
Do you sellers have experience with not as described claims because of measurements. They claim that its 10 cm bigger than described. Which is totally not true. I measured it and took pictures so I would be able to not forget to put it in the description.
I know they just try to get free shipping back because they changed their mind.
I called ebay and they told me they can escalate it when I receive the item. That they “investigate” to protect sellers. Knowing ebay it is probably a lie.
I will send a return label obviously. Just wondering if anybody had anything like that actually investigated?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Experiences of not as described false claim

These days ebay is very helpful, but it is very hard to say in which favor they they make a decision.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I know they just try to get free shipping back because they changed their mind.

You may very well be right.

But at 22 cents a minute (BC minimum wage) how much time are you wanting to waste on an unwinnable argument?

Get it back is sellable condition and relist.

Put the scammer customer on your Blocked Bidder List.

Have you heard the Good News about Cookie Jar Insurance?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

BTW-- You know your business best, but I looked at the Agent Provocateur orange Brittanie set.

After getting over the underpants (what there is of them -- didn't Fredrik's of Hollywood sell those back in my day?) I have to admit I would be confused by the sizing too.

The bra is a DD? Looks smaller than that to me and I know that subject.  And generally Size 2 is just a number a brand slaps on to stroke the customer's vanity. You really need actual measurements in cm and inches for our southern neighbours-- and most Canadians.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hi I sold around 20 sets of these and the buyers know their sizes. I never had any issues. It’s for a coat. I just measured the waist and put 45 cm . They measured the bust and say it’s 55 cm. Obviously it’s bigger because it’s the bust
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Dude, you sell high-risk return items. I never sell shoes or pants for this reason. It's sooo common to return these items because they don't fit right. Sellers always lose SNAD claims, don't they?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes Obviously I will get the item back and refund buyer. But trust me the whole things pretty much smells like fishing for stuff to return for free. And It can be proved when I get the coat and measure the waist myself again.

Question is what can ebay do about it, will they do what they claim they do? Or just brush me off like they usually do. And yes I have so much time to call ebay.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Interesting. Please expand
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

To be honest everything is a high risk return item lol
But I sold lots of stuff so far it’s my first SNAD. Only because the buyer knows how to navigate the system
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@luckylegend wrote:
Yes Obviously I will get the item back and refund buyer. But trust me the whole things pretty much smells like fishing for stuff to return for free. And It can be proved when I get the coat and measure the waist myself again.

Question is what can ebay do about it, will they do what they claim they do? Or just brush me off like they usually do. And yes I have so much time to call ebay.

Ebay no longer investigates snad claims.  They will assume that the buyer is telling the truth.  If you refund when you get the item back, there is a small possibility that they will refund the return shipping or give you  a courtesy refund but that’s definitely not a sure thing.

If you appeal and don’t refund, it’s almost certain that you will lose and get an unresolved case defect.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes I know. So they basically lied as usual .
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

In some circles, sellers refer to this as the "rental program" which is encouraged by the slanted policies sellers must adhere to. Of course this is also at the sellers expense 100%
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The girl herself sells several coats on her account. She knows for sure how that functions
Message 13 of 13
latest reply