Fastest way to list about 500 different very diverse items

Hey guys!

So I haven't been paying much attention to my eBay store in the past year and I now have a huge backlog of roughly 500 items to list across all categories.

I have always used "File exchange" so far but I don't think it exists anymore.

So... what do you guys think I should use to make listing process as efficient as possible?

I know there's the app... I don't like the idea of writing titles / descriptions using my phone and would prefer using my PC instead but I suspect taking and uploading pioctures would be A LOT easier...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@vip-marketplace wrote:

Hey guys!

So I haven't been paying much attention to my eBay store in the past year and I now have a huge backlog of roughly 500 items to list across all categories.

I have always used "File exchange" so far but I don't think it exists anymore.

So... what do you guys think I should use to make listing process as efficient as possible?

I know there's the app... I don't like the idea of writing titles / descriptions using my phone and would prefer using my PC instead but I suspect taking and uploading pioctures would be A LOT easier...

Thanks!

From my little research on the subject, with app if item is in package you can scan the barcode and it will prefill in info. Accuracy....No idea. Faster than manually doing. Just a thought. Maybe one of these years I'll get one of those things and sign up with Rogers!!!! Naaaaaaa!!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@vip-marketplace 

File Exchange still exists but the name has been changed!

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling-tools/seller-hub-reports?id=4096

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/reports/uploads

I have not used it so I don't know how much different it is.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

There was a thread a while back about listing with the phone app, and there were issues.  I don't find it very good, but it can be handy in a hybrid mode by taking pictures and uploading with the app, then saving it as a draft to finish on the computer.  

Now find a good TV or movie series you can play while cranking through the backlog, that is not to distracting!!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh I didn't know there was something replacing file exchange!

However, my 500 items are spread across nearly 150 different categories and I believe most categories now have their own required fields so my Excel file would have hundreds of columns. It makes my head hurts just thinking about doing it that way...

I just tried using the app but right at the second step (after scanning a UPC and clicking on the right item), the app says "An error as occured." 😞

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My advice ... Forget the app, use your desktop.

As far as I know File Exchange remains available. However if your FE templates have not been updated for a year or two they will probably need to be replaced. There have been a plethora of category and IS changes during the last year.

Lots of ways to quickly and easily transfer photos from phone to desktop. One way is to use a phone with an internal SD card slot, if so save photos to SD card, then connect phone to desktop via USB cable or other method.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just to be a contrarian.

Don't try to list them all at once.

Search works better for you if you have something new opening constantly.

So open your 500 items a few at a time, perhaps 10 or 15 a day, and not all at the same time, perhaps three or four an hour.

This will also allow you time to consider price, format, Item Specifics, and  to correct pictures.

YMMV.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I use a program called PhotoSync on my phone combined with a Siri shortcut. All I have to do to transfer the photos to my PC is ask Siri to do it. I'm pretty sure the program is available for Android as well.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply