Feedback now allows up to 500 characters. What would you include?

Literally just noticed it earlier as I was leaving a feedback to a buyer. Would you utilize it to make a longer feedback? Just curious. 

These are my standard feedback:

Thank you for your prompt payment. [Item] shipped [date]. Excellent buyer ^_^

Thank you for buying from me again! [Item] shipped [date]. Excellent buyer ^_^

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

There was an older topic on the change to 500 characters for feedback about three weeks ago. Read this for some background on members thoughts on this. 

500 Character Seller-Buyer Feedback - Who's running the pool on how quick this will go away? 🙂 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I don't plan on changing feedback to make it longer.   I leave feedback when I ship the item so there is really not a whole lot to say other than thank you etc.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I have a hard time using up 50 characters never mind 500.

It is a bit of an ego boost when a buyer goes on and on  about how wonderful I am although I realize that since all I did was take their money and ship their order it's more like doing the bare minimum rather than anything deserving of special note.

Perhaps I'm not considering just how bad the service is from a minority of sellers.

So far I've had two "short stories" left for me, can't wait for my first short "horror" story, that will deflate my ego real quick should it happen (and inevitably it will).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't plan on changing feedback to make it longer.   I leave feedback when I ship the item so there is really not a whole lot to say other than thank you etc.

Likewise.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I have a hard time using up 50 characters never mind 500.

It is a bit of an ego boost when a buyer goes on and on  about how wonderful I am although I realize that since all I did was take their money and ship their order it's more like doing the bare minimum rather than anything deserving of special note.

Perhaps I'm not considering just how bad the service is from a minority of sellers.

So far I've had two "short stories" left for me, can't wait for my first short "horror" story, that will deflate my ego real quick should it happen (and inevitably it will).

Currently the amount of feedback I am now seeing varies between few and far between. Give or take by 1 or 2. I've never changed how I handle each order. Always to describe items to the best of my ability and pack to arrive according to the customers wishes....as it left me. Can a seller control cost of shipping or time to arrive. No on both counts.  Feedback has basically become obsolete but in eBay's eyes no way to totally get rid of it. The 500 character change was just a neutral carrot for taking the power away from sellers to leave neutral/negatives to buyers....When deserved. For the programmer...Update # of characters....Go for break.  🙂

-Lotz

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"Thank you for being an  A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ customer" seems perfect and not at all excessive. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@ilikehockeyjerseys  that made me chuckle!

I have no plans to change my wordings at the moment.  

I use custom wordings, but they only let us have 10 (I liked it better when I could use the chrome autofillin style).

I do have different "levels" of wordings, I use one that is only for special, long time very good repeat customers ("Exceptional very much appreciated repeat buyer,highest recommendation possible!" ).

If I maken anything longer than 80 it will be that one.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Interesting, I went to change one of them and feedback form still limits one to 80 characters.... custom or predetermined.....

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ilikehockeyjerseys wrote:

"Thank you for being an  A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ customer" seems perfect and not at all excessive. 

Houston we have a problem....a seller is trying to input 651 characters (between the quotes)!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Oops, didn't realize that there was an old topic on this, but still thank you for all your input! Had a nice chuckle with the A++++++++++++ comment 😂

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

When it comes to feedback these days "No news is good news" 🙂

InTime

Message 12 of 12
latest reply