Feedback on shipping to Indonesia appreciated

byto253
Community Member

If anyone has any feedback on shipping to Indonesia during these Covid times I would appreciate hearing it.   

I have some nice china pieces up right now and I had a query about shipping to Indonesia.  If I did it, it would be tracked shipping only.   Canada Post has a number of countries that they are not accepting shipments for and right now Indonesia is not on that list.   

There are some serious collectors in Asian countries though I believe a lot use reship services or addresses in the US.  That is the case with a current high bidder located in Hong Kong.  

Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Regarding forwarding companies, if you are sending tracked, you are off the hook once it gets to the forwarding company. The buyer takes the risk from the forwarding company onward. You will win any claims as long as tracking shows it made it to the forwarding company.

Regarding Indonesia, if you are  shipping with tracking it will eventually get there. I have more experience with Malaysia, and since the COVID era, stuff is often taking a very long time to get there, even Japan, way past the predicted times, so you'll have to condition the buyers ahead of time and/or hope they will pay you back if they put in an INR and it subsequently is delivered. (I have no losses to Malaysia, but I am in the generally more patient stamp world)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've heard they're not very big on addresses there much like India.

Tracking is good idea for better protection but, since some packages are sent via bus system to lesser populated areas, I would definitely suggest to offer as an exact address as possible.

When shipping to India without tracking, I was given a city, the name of an apartment building and the apartment number and very little else. I knew I was going to experience trouble if I left it at that. Such an address given may work if you're shipping from within India but not internationally. I dug up the street name, the region and everything I needed for a smoother delivery.  It may have taken a little extra time to do it but that package arrived with no problems and in a faster manner than I thought possible under the circumstances.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

@ricarmic, @needsmorerobots  Thank you for the terrific information.   I appreciate you sharing your experience and experiences.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply