Fellow Canadians - trouble?? buying Canada Post "Tracked Packet USA" shipping label on ebay

Are there any fellow Canadians who have recently had trouble buying Canada Post Tracked Packet shipping labels through ebay.

Recently, I have had problems. The parcels size is close to the maximum deminsions, but definitely less. I have shipped many packages , the same size,  for years without problem. Now I get a warning that I am close to the limits and to be sure the info is correct. The system is showing the package dimensions as Length by Girth; wihich is not the way Canada post looks at the maximum size as (length + Height + width) . I called Canada Post to see if they have changed the max dimensions or the way they calculate the max. I was told - No.

When I tried to purchase the label - the system won't let me. I know I can by shipping labels from Canada Post directly, but, that costs more, as we get a discounted rate through ebay. I have reduced the amount of the shipping cost in my listings,  So I will loose aout approx 8-10 dollars.

Has anyone else had this peoblem as well.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fellow Canadians - trouble?? buying Canada Post "Tracked Packet USA" shipping label on ebay

I get the warning all the time too. The girth issue outlined in other's posts is a mistake as mentioned. I ignore it. As long as your length PLUS width PLUS height (not girth) is under 90cms the label should print. 

If it doesn't print recheck your length. It must be 60cms or under regardless of the other dimemsions. 

If the length is more than 60cm it will block your label from printing. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

No problems with Tracked Pkt labels ...DH purchased a Tracked Packet USA label through eBay a week ago...we rarely ever have packages with dimensions that measure even remotely close to the maximum...

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@antiqueman.fred wrote:

Are there any fellow Canadians who have recently had trouble buying Canada Post Tracked Packet shipping labels through ebay.

Recently, I have had problems. The parcels size is close to the maximum deminsions, but definitely less. I have shipped many packages , the same size,  for years without problem. Now I get a warning that I am close to the limits and to be sure the info is correct. The system is showing the package dimensions as Length by Girth; wihich is not the way Canada post looks at the maximum size as (length + Height + width) . I called Canada Post to see if they have changed the max dimensions or the way they calculate the max. I was told - No.

When I tried to purchase the label - the system won't let me. I know I can by shipping labels from Canada Post directly, but, that costs more, as we get a discounted rate through ebay. I have reduced the amount of the shipping cost in my listings,  So I will loose aout approx 8-10 dollars.

Has anyone else had this peoblem as well.

@antiqueman.fred 

See attached: Post 31 - Girth problem

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Expedited-Lite-Label-Size-Discrepancy-Charged-Full-Exped...

This issue has been reported off and on for the last bunch of months. There are a few discussions on the topic floating about. Nothing in the way of follow up by eBay to date on the issue.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I get the warning all the time, but I've never had an issue with buying the label. Just make sure your actual dimensions ARE below the tracked packet maximums. Out of curiousity, what are your dimensions?

eBay knows about the problem, but that along with a bunch of other similar issues just don't get fixed.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have received that scary message several times and like you, and I know I've shipped this exact size hundreds of times using Tracked Packet USA with no issues (before eBay labels I was using Shippo, the message does not appear with them but like you say they don't have the current savings eBay has).

In my case it is for a standard bubble mailer size of 35 x 27 x 2 (it's my go-to envelope). At 36 inch (regardless of other dimensions, the message comes). I try and say 34 inch and fold the envelope down a little more but occassionally I will have combined items thicker package and it won't let me print either, so I manually change it to 34 x 25 x 3 since as soon as I go below the 36 inches and width no higher than 3 itseems to let me print. And I must add of course I have never got the "up to $1000 in additional charges" or however it is worded, never got an upcharge for this service, ever. Though admitedly it was scary to read that warning.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I get the warning all the time too. The girth issue outlined in other's posts is a mistake as mentioned. I ignore it. As long as your length PLUS width PLUS height (not girth) is under 90cms the label should print. 

If it doesn't print recheck your length. It must be 60cms or under regardless of the other dimemsions. 

If the length is more than 60cm it will block your label from printing. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

35 x 27 x 2 (it's my go-to envelope). At 36 inch (regardless of other dimensions, the message comes).

Hold on.

Are you using imperial measurements?

That could be the problem.

Canada Post went metric in 1974 and anything else is pretty much guesswork.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

35 x 27 x 2 (it's my go-to envelope). At 36 inch (regardless of other dimensions, the message comes).

Hold on.

Are you using imperial measurements?

That could be the problem.

Canada Post went metric in 1974 and anything else is pretty much guesswork.

@femmefan1946 

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

I'm quite sure it is a girth issue that is causing the grief. I use that envelop all the time too and those measurements are in cms. If you try to use the supersized bubble envelop and I have for large calendars that can't be folded the system gives you crazy charges for shipping anywhere.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your response.

measurements are41 cm by 40 cm by 6 cm

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I quite often get the warning notice; but, when I click "purchase" - it tells me I can not purchase,

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@antiqueman.fred wrote:

Thanks for your response.

measurements are41 cm by 40 cm by 6 cm

Yeah, that should be fine (although it's cutting it really close).  Unless you had the field on inches instead of cm or something, that's definitely a weird one. You could try using the bulk label page and see if it lets you there.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

the measurements were 41 cm by  41 cm by 6 cm. The warning comes up, but when I click "Purchase" - it tells me I can not.

I accidently clicked the solution button.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

41 cm by 40 cm by 6 cm

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

My bad, I meant centimetres, that's what I always use.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@antiqueman.fred     "I accidently clicked the solution button."

Of course you know the rule in the forum..

"Anyone providing a solution is due a $500 eBay gift certificate"... 

;>}

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

I had an issue with this the other day... it was because I hadn't clicked the check box for the export info! eBay allows you to click the initial purchase but not the second purchase if the export tickbox isn't checked. I reported it as a bug but I doubt anything will happen with it!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply