First time seller, how to ship from Canada?

Hello guys,

I never sell in ebay. I have some stuff to sell them out - expansive and not expansive. I'm in Canada.

I don't understand how to use that part of ebay's webinterface interface, which is related to shipping. Like, for automaticaly calculate shipping price, I need to choose shipping method. But I know nothing about them. In the past, I shipped 5 parcels from Canada, when sell items outside of ebay, and I used Canada Post and netParcel. I don't see here these options. 

Is it supposed only for incorporated users? Or occasional sellers can also sell here something? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Which website are you listing on?

ebay.CA has calculated shipping for Canada Post.

Inside Canada, I would recommend Expedited Parcel.  Slightly faster than Regular parcel, includes $100 of insurance (with option for more) in the basic price. Tracked.  Box size does matter as there is a dimensional price adjustment (length x width x height in cm divided by 5000 will give a dimensional weight in kg). The higher of actual weight or dimensional weight will be used when calculating cost.

You can use flat rate shipping if your items are under 5kg and not too big. Canada Post has flat rate boxes that can be sent anywhere in Canada for the same price. Tracking, $100 insurance and box are included. Most post offices/postal outlets have them available for sale. Three sizes: small 18.49, medium 23.49, large 29.99 -- more of a bargain these days with high fuel surcharges.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/parcels/flat-rate-box.page

-;-

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Do you have a Solutions for Small Business number?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

You need that to get discounts, including Expedited Parcel which is the same price as Regular Domestic Parcel, but a little faster and as @ypdc_dennis says, it includes some insurance.

Obviously, the Canada Post website is also available in French, if that is easier for you.

There is a simplified selling form that new sellers are defaulted to.

It is very difficult to use.

You can change it  -- oh darn, I don't see how, something has changed since the last time I looked.

@pjcdn2005   can you help find the Advanced /Business form?

The Advanced form is clearer about what is needed and what to expect.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis   I notice we can now buy Flat Rate Boxes online -- but only by the dozen.

https://store.canadapost-postescanada.ca/store-boutique/en/1015FRB/p/flat-rate-box-pack-of-12

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

That was an online option Canada Post added in 2020 as a response to the pandemic.

For those people that use flat boxes a lot, or those that expect prices to increase in the near future (a bit like P stamps getting more valuable with time).  Same cost per box as at your local post office/postal outlet, since shipping is "free".

-;-

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sorry I've used the advanced form for years, I have no idea how to actually get from the simple form to this one.  Perhaps there is the option to do so on the top right of the page?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@xus4-0342 wrote:

Hello guys,

I never sell in ebay. I have some stuff to sell them out - expansive and not expansive. I'm in Canada.

I don't understand how to use that part of ebay's webinterface interface, which is related to shipping. Like, for automaticaly calculate shipping price, I need to choose shipping method. But I know nothing about them. In the past, I shipped 5 parcels from Canada, when sell items outside of ebay, and I used Canada Post and netParcel. I don't see here these options. 

Is it supposed only for incorporated users? Or occasional sellers can also sell here something? 

Assorted eBay selling tools attached:

https://pages.ebay.ca/sell/advancedtoolfaq.html

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-new-listing-tool?id=5196

Best to confirm which will suit your needs best before agreeing. Sometimes undoing is very difficult.

-Lotz

Just spotted:

According to attached info Selling Manager Pro has been obsoleted after Nov 15, 2021.

Note: If you have Selling Manager Pro as of November 15, 2021, you’ll be able to continue access it with no further charge. However, after November 15 there will not be any additional sign ups available for Selling Manager Pro.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Looks like that is the horrible slow new Tool .

Not the longish but straightforward Advanced/Business  form that is current.

Ugh.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Looks like that is the horrible slow new Tool .

Not the longish but straightforward Advanced/Business  form that is current.

Ugh.

Sadly the "NEW" tool was first released in USA almost a year ago. It was slow/buggy then....and STILL is!!  Why now, going forward...I click on new eBay features with extreme caution!!!!!

carefulclick.jpg

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Please do not post and run...if you want assistance it is to your benefit to return, work with any info/advice assistance that has been given, and let us know if you have been able to resolve the situation.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Please do not post and run...if you want assistance it is to your benefit to return, work with any info/advice assistance that has been given, and let us know if you have been able to resolve the situation.

@xus4-0342 

I am finding it can be most helpful to tag the original OP...especially with the dot ca discussion board. If I respond to anything on dot com I routinely get an alert to my general email. On ca, unless I bookmark to follow....Almost nearly never.  Just another nuance of the 2 sites.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@xus4-0342 

Did you get your answer?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply