Forwarding company for Chinese buyers

I have a lot of buyers from China who use a forwarding company with an address in Portland Oregon. Never had a problem with it. From what I understand, once tracking shows it was delivered there, I am no longer responsible for them forwarding the items to China.  I imagine it can take a few weeks from when they recieive it till the buyer receives it in China.  I have a buyer upset because it shows delivered to a different zip code in Oregon than the address on eBay that I sent it to. I checked my other sales to the same forwarding company & the zip code is always different than the address I sent to. Wondering if the forwarding company changes zip codes to their own shipping system after they receive it. Has anyone else noticed that? eBay has put my funds on hold even though tracking shows delivered.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Put the two addresses on Google Maps and see if they are the same building.

Zip codes cover huge areas, unlike Canada's postal codes which are often a city block or even one floor of a high rise.

Even so, every code has a border, and those two may be two codes on the same street.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I checked the zip codes. The address I sent to that was listed on eBay is on Airport Way where the forwarding company is located. The last zip code where it shows delivery was made is by the Portland International Airport.  It shows delivery was made on March 14th.  I imagine it takes a few weeks to get to China. How could the buyer even open a request when it says delivery estimate is for April 4th?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

The last zip code where it shows delivery was made is by the Portland International Airport.  It shows delivery was made on March 14th.  I imagine it takes a few weeks to get to China. How could the buyer even open a request when it says delivery estimate is for April 4th?

I've been lucky so far with sending packages to forwarding companies in the US, I've even had people in Europe have packages sent to family members in the US even though they won't get them for months until they visit! I would have thought when someone chooses a forwarding company (or any third party) our part as seller has been met as soon as item is delivered to that company, not the end buyer, the address linked to the eBay account.

Perhaps the buyer was able to open a request before delivery estimate date since it was showing delivery March 14th?

Good luck with it, sounds like the buyer is keeping a keen eye out, which means they are not the most patient type.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have never had any problems with forwarding companies either.  It looks like the zip codes get changed all the time to a different one when it gets to these companies.  I just saw that the delivery date has been changed to Mar 22nd now. Not sure what is going on. I am sure they will receive their parcel eventually, but they are not very patient.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Looks like the forwarder has sent the shipment to the airport. While that probably means it will be in China quite soon, and that it is likely the forwarder dealt with customs questions, the customer * is in the hands of China Post.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

* NOT YOU. You delivered as promised to the US address and are no longer responsible for delivery

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Do you know when the hold on my funds will be released?  I put in the tracking number yesterday which shows the item was delivered to the forwarding company.  Shouldn't that automatically close the case?.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just to clarify, when you put the tracking number in, that was into the case too right? For some bizzarre reason we have to manually put them in the case but I've noticed over time some folks have missed that.

In my experience with "holds" although of a different kind, it took about 3 days after "delivery day" for the hold to be released. But note that my holds were of a different kind.

Whenever I get these weird ones I call them in because I'm paying somewhat exhorbitant amounts for the Anchor store support CSRs who generally have been very good and fix stuff up then and there for me, so I don't now how quickly it would close after the tracking shows as delivered within the case without doing that.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I will wait a few days & see if the hold is removed.  Yes I entered the tracking number again into the open case. I shouldn't have to as I put it in the original purchases.  The person bought 16 pieces of jewelry from me & they were able to pay them all on one invoice I sent. But I had to put the tracking numbers seperately 16 times. Is there not a way to do that in bulk?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry yes you can put them in en-masse at the invoice level but I don't trust doing that (as I recall if one does, it only shows the tracking at the invoice level as opposed to at the item level), I've always put them in one by one (using cut and paste makes it pretty quick anyway). If they were purchased and paid for as separate items then the only option is to do them one at a time.

To do them en-masse I believe you just add tracking number at the invoice level. Can't be sure because I've not done it in a long time as per my "trust issues" I mentioned earlier.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply