Free Listing Promo 100 auction style per day Feb 5 to 11

By invitation only list 100 per day auctions for 7 days. (700 auctions)

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Free Listing Promo 100 auction style per day Feb 5 to 11

Includes 5, 7 and 10 day auctions.  Also states "Excludes re listed items"

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

When posting info about a free listing promo, please post the link to the details in the topic here.

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Using the above link and substituting .ca for .com, here is the eBay.ca Canada version of the link.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0205/SellAuction.html

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really pityful only 100 per day and not allow relisting.  What a pity eBay is nowadays!!

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Got the promo email this morning at 8am.

Went to "claim my offer" and it made me sign into .com then an error message told me I'm sorry but this promo is by invitation only!

Nothing shows in my promotional offers section.

So now they send you the email but you're not actually "invited"?

Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Do you have more than one User ID?  Did you sign in with the "invited" User ID?

Did you try to sign in from the Summary page on your Selling Manager on eBay.com (that is what I did this morning and it worked fine)?

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Do you have more than one User ID?  Did you sign in with the "invited" User ID?

Did you try to sign in from the Summary page on your Selling Manager on eBay.com (that is what I did this morning and it worked fine)?

No, only one ID.

Yes.

Just tried through .com summary page sign in...no go.

Just tried a sample listing on both .ca & .com......got charged.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

"Got the promo email this morning at 8am."... and it does not work!

I suggest you immediately contact raphael@ebay.com and ask him to look into it.

Please let us know how the problem is eventually resolved.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

I should add that eBay is not very good at giving sellers the accurate information. That bug has been around for years and eBay does not care to correct the problem (it is NOT a priority for them)

For example, after having accepted the invitation this morning on eBay.com (I usually use the eBay.com Selling Manager), I listed a few items at auction on eBay.cafr.

The Summary page on eBay.com will NOT make any reference to those "free" listings.

To see them I need to go to eBay.ca where they will be shown and deducted from 100 to show the balance of "free listings" available today.

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

noticed the promo in my promotional offers this morning, but no email and nothing in my messages

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Same here, but at least the "accept offer" link seemed to work, even if auctions aren't much good to me. 

Isn't it interesting that eBay started out these promotions with 100,000, 200,000, etc. free listings, and now they're down to around 700 or 1000 in a week.  Not that I could ever make use of tens of thousands of listings, but I just find it curious -- I wonder why the downslide?

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

" I wonder why the downslide?"

I know you will have a hard time believing it but it is meant to help small sellers (like you and I), those who only list a few hundreds items instead of the very large sellers who typically list by the thousands or tens of thousands daily.

Most posters here regularly state that eBay only helps large sellers to the detriment of small sellers.  Here is something different meant to help small sellers.  Let's celebrate!

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Most posters here regularly state that eBay only helps large sellers to the detriment of small sellers.  Here is something different meant to help small sellers.  Let's celebrate!

Or could it be that they've effectively 'tapped out' the big boys (i.e. handed out all their goodies first) and don't want another 100,000,000 cheap Chinese widgets flooding the site?  Self-interest in other words, not generosity toward us smaller players. 

I'm sorry, but almost everything I've seen in the last year or so has been designed to first and foremost streamline and facilitate business for the biggest sellers on this site.  I simply don't have so sanguine a view of eBay's agenda and motives as you may have. 

Or perhaps I should say I've become a "realist". 

Message 15 of 59
latest reply

@007steveb16 wrote:

Got the promo email this morning at 8am.

Went to "claim my offer" and it made me sign into .com then an error message told me I'm sorry but this promo is by invitation only!

Nothing shows in my promotional offers section.

So now they send you the email but you're not actually "invited"?

Smiley Tongue

Same here. Tried to validate the offer through the given link from email and received same error saying the promo is by invite only. This is a new low I must say.**bleep**tastic promo to start with and cant even access it. **bleep**?

btw, when you call in to Ebay currently there is a message plaing regarding the discepancy in Tracked package details percentage.

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

"Tried to validate the offer through the given link from email and received same error saying the promo is by invite only."

Have you tried to get the promotion validated through the Selling Manager page?  That is what I did and it worked.

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"Tried to validate the offer through the given link from email and received same error saying the promo is by invite only."

Have you tried to get the promotion validated through the Selling Manager page?  That is what I did and it worked.

Nope, tried that as I read this thread before posting. No joy.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Just got off of the phone with someone from the Marketing Dept. at Ebay.

They currently have no idea what is causing this.

I was told to go ahead and list within the rules of the promo  and any charges would be credited back to me.

Meanwhile they are working on finding out what is going on.

Cheers,

thD

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

Try a different browser???
Message 20 of 59
latest reply