Free shipping Tuesdays for October 2022 -- Canada and USA packages

One free Expedited parcel (up to 5kg) in Canada PLUS one free Tracked Packet USA (up to 2kg) each Tuesday.

For Solutions for Small Business members without a contract.  Membership is free.

October 4, 11, 18, 25

Must use SnapShip (credit card required even with nothing charged).

Source: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday/terms-and-cond...

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

One free Expedited parcel (up to 5kg) in Canada PLUS one free Tracked Packet USA (up to 2kg) each Tuesday.

For Solutions for Small Business members without a contract.  Membership is free.

October 4, 11, 18, 25

Must use SnapShip (credit card required even with nothing charged).

Source: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday/terms-and-cond...

Thanks for sharing. Major yay for the tracked USA parcel. Nice add in!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Thrilled about the Free Tracked Packet USA.  Now I just need to sell something that requires it!

Once again, I'd like to remind sellers that if they cannot use the offer for their own business one week, that there are Women's Shelters in the Far North with a constant need for blankets and quilts. This promotion allows us to contribute without the horrendous cost of shipping to isolated communities.

Kataujaq Safe Shelter, Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0G0

Women Shelter Apex, 3118 Aiggilii Aqqut, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0

Inuvik Transition House Society 20 Tumma St, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

The high cost of shipping makes any manufactured product expensive in the North.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Excellent idea.  

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Thank you for the reminder! I had forgotten all about that. AND USA to boot! :>}

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

love the idea...thank you for sharing the address

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Thanks again for giving us a list every year. I've shared with some groups I belong to that will be saving at least one shipment for a Shelter on this list. Such an amazing way to use the free label!

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

The first one is coming up.  I read the terms and note that a code needs to be gotten on Tuesday from a specfic URL - info from CP pasted below.

"To qualify for this offer, all items must be processed using the Canada Post Snap Ship online tool in conjunction with a unique promotional code that will be displayed at canadapost.ca/freetuesdays on each of October 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2022. Each promotional code is valid only on the day it is displayed and can be used only once per customer number. "

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Codes for October 4 are OCT4 for expedited parcel (Canada) and EXTRA4 for tracked packet (USA)

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

As usual Canada Post stumbles on the first Tuesday...

with OCT4  as the promo codewith OCT4 as the promo code

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Kataujaq Safe Shelter, Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0G0

Women Shelter Apex, 3118 Aiggilii Aqqut, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0

Inuvik Transition House Society 20 Tumma St, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

Do I need to double check with these shelters before mailing or can I just pack a box with one of these addresses and ship it over? Do they take blankets and quilts only, or do they take used clothing (in good condition of course)  like dresses, pants, jackets, and T-shirts as well? I actually have several skirts I don't think I will wear again that I could donate... 

Blankets would actually be harder to mail as they need to be under volumetric weight of 5kg... which actually isn't that big. I have thinner bed sheets that'd fit in the box but not sure if that's accepted for donation. 

Do they take stationery? I have leftover notebooks and pens from my university years that I don't think I will go through, especially when almost everything is electronic nowaday... 

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Just used the USA one, no problems. Other than the fact that I sold the items a week ago, saying if he wanted to wait I could do free shipping. Then the weight ended up 3.3kg, too much for the free Tracked Packet.  Luckily I could break it up to 2 smaller lots, 1 going today, 1 next week. 

Zee-chan makes a good point about volumetic weight. I checked out Canada Post website and a box 30cm x 30 cm x 27cm is just under the 5kg volumetic.   L x W x H (in cm), divided by 5000. Or slightly simpler: L x W x H must be less than 25000

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

I used both at about 12:15 am Eastern time, and they went through no problem.   Hope that glitch clears up for you soon. 

I went to the link canadapost.ca/freetuesdays after being logged in to my account and clicked on the shipping button on that page.  That should not matter, but who knows.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

I just left the package sitting in my Canada post cart, signed off and did other things.

Signed in this afternoon, added the code to the parcel in my cart and it got processed correctly.  No idea what the problem was.

-;-

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

Doesn't work here. I lost money, because I accepted a low offer expecting the shipping will be free. 

A SCANDAL!!!! 

Image2.jpg

Message 15 of 42
latest reply

It's now even worse - I tried to remove the shipment - not possible. 

Created a new one - and now, I have 2 identical - I  cannot remove any of them. 

What a mess!!!! 

Image2.jpg

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

I don't know how many times I clicked on "apply code" - probably 100 ......... but IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!! 😀 

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

The label printed, package ready to ship, no charge! 

I think I need to be more patient (sometimes...)  😀

Image1.jpg 

Image2.jpg

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

Y'all earned that freebie.  

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

byto253
Community Member