Free shipping Tuesdays for October 2022 -- Canada and USA packages

One free Expedited parcel (up to 5kg) in Canada PLUS one free Tracked Packet USA (up to 2kg) each Tuesday.

For Solutions for Small Business members without a contract.  Membership is free.

October 4, 11, 18, 25

Must use SnapShip (credit card required even with nothing charged).

Source: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday/terms-and-cond...

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

I was actually able to use both free shipping offers last week. One for Canada & one to the US. And also able to use one today for Canada. So that is a nice bonus. It doesn't always work out for me.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Yup, last year I used none and I have used all 4 so far.  

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

I wish I had a sale to the US... it is a really cool addition to the promo.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Really not bad!!!! 😀

paczka1.jpg

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

I got zero sales for over a month but printed labels for the heck of it... Worth $70 lol! Used an US address from someone who USED to be a frequent buyer lol, maybe they will buy from me again? 😂 Canadian address is for one of the shelters listed above.

I made a typo with the declaration though... meant to put $100 total, 10 items, but when the label printed it was interpreted as $100 x 10... if I do ever get to use this label, I wonder if I could cross the $1000 off and change it to $100? Just don't want the customer to get dinged by accident lol... or perhaps better to not use this label at all?

1000.jpg

NU US.jpg

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

US Customs: shipments valued at 800 USD or less are duty-free.

1.000 CAD is now equal to 725 USD

However, not sure how long is such a CP shipping label valid - 90 days? 

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

I got zero sales for over a month but printed labels for the heck of it... Worth $70 lol! Used an US address from someone who USED to be a frequent buyer lol, maybe they will buy from me again? 😂 Canadian address is for one of the shelters listed above.

I made a typo with the declaration though... meant to put $100 total, 10 items, but when the label printed it was interpreted as $100 x 10... if I do ever get to use this label, I wonder if I could cross the $1000 off and change it to $100? Just don't want the customer to get dinged by accident lol... or perhaps better to not use this label at all?

1000.jpg

NU US.jpg

@zee-chan 

@dinomitesales 

If customs were to audit that parcel (US Label) there would be issues if the description does not match contents and weight/size were not accurate. You may want to follow up directly with CP on how to proceed (what would be required to correct) with that shipment and the fact that was a promo. As far as I know there is no way to correct the customs documents inside of CP. Because the customs is electronic manual changes would not be seen unless an audit were done. From personal experience with courier shipments if an error was discovered (totals, classification etc) customs required a new invoice sent with the corrections signed by the shipper.

-Lotz

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

At least it would be an error overstating value vs understating value.  I would think understating triggers more red flags. 

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

At least it would be an error overstating value vs understating value.  I would think understating triggers more red flags. 

It's within customs pervue to review any shipment. When a shipper creates the shipping document they are assuming all risks for that documents accuracy and their signature is binding. Similar to hazardous goods declarations. Some seller may take a chance and "wing it" but as stated below it can cause your future shipments to be scanned more thoroughly with the potential of delays.  See specifics of 2, 4 & 5.

https://borderbuddy.com/blog/common-mistakes-when-filling-out-a-customs-form-for-international-shipp...

2. Using the wrong HS code

4. Adding wrong or no contact information

5. Inputting incorrect AES information

-Lotz

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Yeah, I wouldn't use that label. Chances are the workers in customs won't even look at the package close enough to know that you've manually changed the value (and even if you did, they can't accept that as they have no proof that you - the creator of the label - was the one that altered it). All the customs detail information are stored electronically in the barcode label - they're just going to scan it and assess it based on what pops up on their computer.

Although, as @38e_avenue mentioned, they're going to convert the value into USD anyway so technically it's under the $800 USD threshold and you should be fine. But it might delay delivery of the parcel because a $1000 book set might raise their suspicions and put the parcel into some secondary level of inspection or something.

As for how long labels are valid for, I have no idea. Canada Post doesn't specify that piece of information anywhere as far as I'm aware. But I've been working as a retail clerk for almost 7 years now and not once can I recall someone letting me know that their package didn't make it because of an expired label. The RPoS system definitely doesn't pop up with an "Expired Label" warning or anything when an old label is scanned in. I don't know what advantage there is for a label to even expire in the first place? I wouldn't use a label past 90 days though because I believe that's how long their website stores tracking data.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply

Thank you for all your input!
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Today's codes:

OCT18 for Canada

EXTRA18 for USA 

hmm, I think there is a pattern to these.... 

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

phc64
Community Member

Because of a service disruption last week (the 11th), Canada Post is permitting us to use unused codes from last week (OCT11 and EXTRA11) today (the 18th) or next Tuesday (the 25th).

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

The system is charging me $3.67 for the freebie today. Can't figure out why. Last 2 weeks were $0.00   Same size box and similar weight to the last two weeks freebies. 

Expedited ParcelTM$21.22
SfSB savings-$2.13

Fuel surcharge$5.63

Total$24.72

Then when I add in the free Tuesday  promos code, it shows  

Order total
$3.67
Shipment summary
Shipments with promo code OCT18
1Expedited ParcelTM

Shipping Service Price
$21.22
Additional Options
$0.00
Promo code discount
-$18.71
Fuel surcharges
$0.74

Total before taxes
$3.25

Taxes
$0.42
Shipment total
$3.67

Of course $3.67 is a deal and a half but, why zero charge the previous two Tuesdays?

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

What were the exact dimensions and weight?

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Are you under 5 kg?  If over it will apply the discount value I believe.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

13" x 13" x 13"     3.6 lbs

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

It was 3.6 lbs

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

I used both Oct18 and Extra18 today and both were zero charge. Did you clicked some sort of additional service (signature for example) by accident?

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

13" is about 33cm

33 x 33 x 33 cm = 35937 / 5000 for expedited = 7.19 kg volumetric/dimensional "weight" -- this puts you over over the 5kg limit, so you get charged the difference.

-;-

Message 40 of 42
latest reply