Fund your summer fun, list 5,000 free!

New listing promo, starts June 18 and runs to the 24th.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/06_18.html

Sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format, auction-style with Buy It Now format, or fixed price format in select categories (see exclusions), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed and no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration to these listings ("Promotion") for up to 5,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion , and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

5, 7, 10, and 30-day listing durations are included in this Promotion.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

The Promotion excludes the following categories for fixed price listings only: Antiques (20081), Art (550), Baby (2984), Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (11450), Coins & Paper Money (11116), Collectibles (1), Dolls & Bears (237), Entertainment Memorabilia (45100), Health & Beauty (26395), Jewellery & Watches (281), Pottery & Glass (870), Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop (64482), Stamps (260), and Toys & Hobbies (220).

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Great News, thanks for sharing!!!

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Thanks....................Hope you got an invite, as the promo is only by invitation.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

For a second there panic set in until I checked my email and there it was, my invite. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it but the problem is that it has "in select categories" which we cannot list or relist in category for Entertainment (**bleep**!! I have thousands of them that I need to post!!),  Collectibles (same thing!!), Sports Mem, Cards & Fan (same thing!)

So eBay literally limits us from posting any items under these categories.  Guess I need to focus on Books, Music, Movies, DVD, etc.  Darn!! 

It seems to becoming so silly that eBay NOW needs to include "in select categories".

The last auction ends last week was very good for me but not sure about this new one as too much limited categories that I cannot list or relist. Darn!!

I appreciate the free listings but don't apprcaite the "in select categories", as if to stifle me from listing or relist them.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Should I bother or not 😞

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

"as the promo is only by invitation."

???

According to the official announcement by eBay.com - on the announcement page - ALL sellers are eligible (subject to specific conditions).  This is NOT a "by invitation only" promotion:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/06/sell-ebrate-summer-get-5000-more-free-listings-auction-style-o...

As usual, there is no announcement yet on the eBay.ca announcement page.

Important exceptions:

The Promotion excludes the following categories for fixed price listings only: Antiques (20081), Art (550), Baby (2984), Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (11450), Coins & Paper Money (11116), Collectibles (1), Dolls & Bears (237), Entertainment Memorabilia (45100), Health & Beauty (26395), Jewelry & Watches (281), Pottery & Glass (870), Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop (64482), Stamps (260), and Toys & Hobbies (220).

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

"Should I bother or not"

More listings on the site will not bring more money from buyers.

We need qualified buyers with money to spend.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

"Plus a chance to win a $100K car of your choice"

Fine Print:

"Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia,"

https://projects.promotw.com/rules/ebaysummersellebration.html

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Those select categories are the ones that are now (since June 1st) auction only all the time for all sellers who don't have a store, and as I read it, for store owners for this particular promotion.  According to your post, it looks like you participated in the last free listing auction only promo, so I don't see how you are any further limited in this one.  In fact this is less limiting as fixed price listings are allowed in other categories, which they were not in that last one.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I agree, this is quite a good listing promotion, and a little longer than some.  They've mixed it up a bit -- if you don't like one format or category, you can probably find another way to list. 

For example, it's not often they offer auction with Buy It Now promotions.  Using that format (which in many cases is more or less equivalent to fixed price anyway), there are no category restrictions.  And the promotion includes 5, 7, 10 and 30 day listing durations. 

I do see that it says it's available to all sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. 

I'm quite happy with this -- now if the buyers will please come back....Woman Frustrated

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To nan.  I found that you can list items under Collectibles, Entertainment (those selected categories) in auction-style format but not fixed price format.  Then it is okay.  I still can list them in auction-style which I am happy.  Gotta to go and get busy and post more items.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I have just relisted a couple 100 items in the collectibles category 10 day auction/BIN feature with no fee. Happy selling!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

When I received the email, I was hoping I would be able to list free with Fixed Price. Was disappointed really quick as my categories are excluded 😞

This promo doesn't help me at all.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

For example, it's not often they offer auction with Buy It Now promotions.

I am confused... all the promotions I received in the past had the BIN option for free...

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Fixed price listings are not the same as auctions with BIN option.

This new promotion seems to favour auction listings in many categories.  In others, fixed price and auction listings are free.

It is worth taking a few minutes to read and fully comprehend what the promotion is, what it covers and what it excludes and finally form a strategy as to how to use it best.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@skylarstuff wrote:

The Promotion excludes the following categories for fixed price listings only: Antiques (20081), Art (550), Baby (2984), Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (11450), Coins & Paper Money (11116), Collectibles (1), Dolls & Bears (237), Entertainment Memorabilia (45100), Health & Beauty (26395), Jewellery & Watches (281), Pottery & Glass (870), Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop (64482), Stamps (260), and Toys & Hobbies (220).

This limitation pretty much makes this promo useless to me lol.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Fixed price listings are not the same as auctions with BIN option.

This new promotion seems to favour auction listings in many categories.  In others, fixed price and auction listings are free.

I was speaking from a conceptual point of view -- a free auction listing with a Buy It Now option is essentially as good as a fixed price listing if the seller is able to set the auction start price reasonably close to the BIN price -- for free. 

In this promotion (which I did read very thoroughly), a seller can circumvent the category exclusions by listing items as auctions with the Buy It Now option -- as 'julieo459' above found out to her delight. 

I realize the two formats are not actually the same thing, but since I see no restriction in this promotion on the starting price, that means any auction start price could be set.  Sellers (such as myself) who might otherwise have items in categories restricted for fixed price in this promotion can effectively utilize the auction+BIN as an alternative to fixed price.  For example, I see no problem listing an item to start at auction at $10.00 with a $12.00 BIN option, or a $20.00 start with a $25.00 BIN.  In most cases, I'd be happy to get either sale. 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

From eBay:

" You can offer a Buy It Now price as the only option. You can also create an auction-style listing with a Buy It Now option. In auction-style listings, the Buy It Now price needs to be at least 30% higher than the starting price."

Message 20 of 28
latest reply