Getting Seen on eBay: 18 Tips for Cracking the Cassini Search Engine

I stumbled across this earlier today, it was published in January of last year but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Read more: http://www.webretailer.com/lean-commerce/ebay-cassini-search-engine/#ixzz4BU6dthmH

This post is by Carlo Silva, co-founder of 2nd Office. It was first published on Carlo’s blog Multi-channel Selling.

Are you having trouble with eBay’s Cassini search engine?

Are you one of those eBay sellers who used to sell a ton on eBay and when they released the Cassini search engine your sales dropped out of nowhere? Well you aren’t the only one! In this post I’ll be giving you 18 tips to help YOU dominate your competition and eBay’s search engine so you can get your sales back on track.

What exactly is Cassini?

Cassini is eBay’s new search engine that was rolled out in 2013. If you have been an old school eBay seller and your sales have never been the same since then, you probably have not changed your listing style to accommodate the needs of Cassini.

Remember the days when you could flood eBay’s search with multiple listings with different keywords in the title? Or how sellers would make 10 different listings of the same product with different titles and they would dominate the search results? Well with Cassini and eBay’s duplicate listing policies, those days are long gone and I’m sure you’ve noticed that already. I mention this because I have regular chats with old school eBay sellers about the old tactics people used, but no longer work due to Cassini and eBay’s new listing policies.

I won’t go in-depth into Cassini, because you can find more info about it here direct from the source written by Hugh Williams who was VP of Search at eBay.

Read more: http://www.webretailer.com/lean-commerce/ebay-cassini-search-engine/#ixzz4BU6yQkxf

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That is simply a list of eBay "best practices". eBay has been saying those things for many years.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm not certain I agree with the advice to list everything as GTC but then end manually after 30 days if no sale. That seems counterintuitive.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply