Glitch in the eBay App resetting the Handling cost - calculated shipping only to zero

tyler@ebay

When I start a new listing (existing template or brand new) on the desktop, add pictures on the App, then go back on the desktop for a last edit and listing, I notice that the App consistently resets the Handling cost - calculated shipping only to zero (i.e. the box is blank instead of the $x amount I previously put there).

Recently noticed that issue after taking a small loss on an auction listing won by a fellow Canadian (i.e. using Calculated Rate), I'm out the FVF on shipping fees + the costs of shipping supplies, which would normally be baked in the Handling cost - calculated shipping box. This is a recurring issue that's why I wanted to bring it up.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Glitch in the eBay App resetting the Handling cost - calculated shipping only to zero

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @parts_and_diecasts - that's an interesting one!

Will you get me your app version and mobile OS so I can get it to tech?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

iOS

version: 5.31.0

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Tyler my friend,

as an FYI 6 months later, the issue is still not fixed...

Salim_bfb

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There's also an ongoing glitch in the app that won't allow $0 international shipping (for new listings or edited shipping).

I have to enter 0.01 and then fix it on the desktop site later on
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Sounds like still an issue!

-Lotz

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi @parts_and_diecasts - thank you for letting me know. I raised this with the mobile team and they've said they're aware of the issue and it's on their radar to address in a future enhancement. The core reason you're running into this is because the 'handling cost' field is not one that's present in the app, so when you open the draft on the app it reformats it (and removes the field).

For now, the suggestion is to create the draft on the app to begin with (even if it's just a title and photos), and then finish the rest on your computer at your leisure. 

Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is still an ongoing issue for sellers with the app on android. when i newly list or revise on the app it wipes my shipping settings to make me pay. this forces me to do all my listing and changes at a pc, very counter intuitive.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 9 of 9
latest reply