HAS PAYPAL SHIPPING COMPLETELY CRASHED?

I know there have been problems with Light Pocket USA vanishing and a new requirement to log into your Canada Post account if you have one but I did all that, completed all my forms (customs and phone number for recipient double-checked) and I still got shunted with no explanation. Has anyone figured out what the actual heck is going on?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 1.59.00 PM.png

Like every other seller, I don't have time to sit around and pick my teeth with a ballpoint pen while I wait for some nerd at paypal or Canada Post or Pitney Bowes to realize their 'new and improved' interface has fatal flaws.

I'm packing this and taking it directly to my nearest postal counter to ship it. When I get back, I'm going to call paypal and demand a credit to my account for the money they've wasted by denying my ability to print online with my ebay discount. I suggest everyone affected make the same request so that, when paypal or Pitney Bowes starts losing money, they might sit up and notice they've messed something up for us measly peons who depend on them.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

View solution in original post

Message 44 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Also, EST Online is not working for me. 

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, EST Online is not working for me. 

Have you tried Canada Post's Snap Ship?

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

No as I saw no option for Snap Ship when I logged in. 

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Oh, wait I see it now. Why do you suppose it's in none of the drop-down menus?

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

It appears to be incompatible with Safari. It recognizes none of my attempts to click anything to get into it. i click, nothing happens. Regardless of where I click.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 3.17.15 PM.png

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

By hitting Refresh, i made it as far as the page where you select box and give dimensions and weight. No further. It doesn't allow me to Continue.

I'm about 100 miles past frustrated at this point in time. I've spent 3.5 hours trying to print a postage label for a single package. Paypal Shipping is crashed, Canada Post EST isn't functioning and this Ship Click is either broken right now too or doesn't acknowledge Mac users. 

i have a loooooooong list of things that people expect me to do today and mail a single ebay purchase was merely one of them.

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Regardless, thank you for trying to steer me in another direction that might work for others who come to the thread.

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Do you mean only Snap Ship is incompatible with Safari? I was unable to use PayPal shipping yesterday using Chrome and IE on my PC.  Eventually I was able to print small Pkt labels by going to My eBay and then to my PayPal Account. 

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Since I only have Safari with which to browse, I cannot tell you whether Snap Ship is incompatible with any other browser or, for that matter, whether the issue with me not being able to use it is absolutely due to my browser. It could be the reason, or it may be unrelated.

I have no idea where the problem lay.

All that I can tell you is that I was absolutely unable to ship via Paypal Shipping after multiple attempts today.

And when I went to Canada Post's EST, I was also unable to purchase or print postage after multiple attempts.

And then when I found and tried to purchase and print postage via Canada Post's Snap Ship, I was also unable to get even close to purchasing or printing any shipping label.

At this rate, I would not be surprised if, when I get this to the postal counter, they too tell me that their system is down.

We shall see. I really hate when stuff like this happens.

Sometimes I feel like the only prerequisite for selling on ebay is that you have to be willing to suffer untold hours of frustration and thwarted attempts to complete the simplest of tasks. 

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

Nothing noted about this under Service Alerts but I think that's more of a receiver thing. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/list.page?cattype=announcements&cat=servicealer...

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Nothing about this on their outreach Twitter page. https://twitter.com/canadaposthelps

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Bring all this up on Wednesday at the chat

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

Considering my blood will still be boiling about this on Wednesday, you can be sure that I will.

3.5 HOURS to print one label and I still have yet to actually succeed at that. It's going to take me 30 minutes to do it at the postal counter while I have a 6.5 year-old underfoot, touching everything in the store twice and pestering me about why it's taking me so long to take him to his birthday party.

I tell you, I could just bite someone right now. 

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

I know that you are frustrated and I understand why but perhaps the systems will be back up to tomorrow.  You're not required to mail it until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday so why bother going to the outlet today?

Message 15 of 57
latest reply

Yes, there's no rush... if you go to the Post Office today your package will sit there until Tuesday mornings pick-up and even then it won't get processed until late Tuesday night.

You'd be better off waiting until Tuesday afternoon and mailing it before the last postal pick-up at 5 pm. 

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

As I predicted, I waited another 20 minutes at the postal counter while they fibbitzed with things. The guy in line in front of me was trying to buy a MoneyGram that kept crashing their system and would not proceed payment. Kind of like how every postage label I tried to buy failed at the last minute until then. 

Immediately upon my return home, I saw another order had been placed.

I won't pack it tonight, I've had enough of this. I'm going to try again tomorrow and hope there is some movement with whatever is not working on the side of Canada Post and/or Paypal. At any rate, it's a domestic label this time so the problem may not replicate anyway, but I'm still not prepared to take any chances. 

In the meantime, I'm updating my software to see if a browser incompatibility exacerbated the problem. 

Why dispatch today? The order was placed yesterday and I cannot afford to leave things until the last minute.

Even though I know and you know that same-day shipping means I could wait until Tuesday afternoon to ship, buyers don't necessarily understand that, and I can't count on the planets aligning to allow me to pack orders on Tuesday afternoon when I won't have work time allotted to me. My circumstances dictate my actions and I have a very limited window available to me in which my work must be done. Plus four children who tend to get sick whenever it suits them and not according to what time is available on my schedule, so I've learned to never leave anything important until the last minute. 

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

I use Safari and was able to get into Snap Ship although I didn't actually print a label.  (Or it might have been Shippo.  I don't know anymore, but I tried one of the two.)

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

I was able to navigate around th dialogue box that wouldn't close and then fill in a bunch of fields with information but it's when I tried to Continue to do the next vital steps it failed to proceed.

I have two domestic orders to ship tomorrow. I can't be the only seller in Canada who's had orders placed over the weekend, so are the rest of you able to purchase postage through PayPal or EST or Ship Snap today?
Message 19 of 57
latest reply

I haven't actually completed a label but with all these posts about shipping I've been checking the sites out.  

Don't forget to remember that the best shows are on Sunday night so go watch some great TV and try again in the morning.  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 57
latest reply