HAS PAYPAL SHIPPING COMPLETELY CRASHED?

I know there have been problems with Light Pocket USA vanishing and a new requirement to log into your Canada Post account if you have one but I did all that, completed all my forms (customs and phone number for recipient double-checked) and I still got shunted with no explanation. Has anyone figured out what the actual heck is going on?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 1.59.00 PM.png

Like every other seller, I don't have time to sit around and pick my teeth with a ballpoint pen while I wait for some nerd at paypal or Canada Post or Pitney Bowes to realize their 'new and improved' interface has fatal flaws.

I'm packing this and taking it directly to my nearest postal counter to ship it. When I get back, I'm going to call paypal and demand a credit to my account for the money they've wasted by denying my ability to print online with my ebay discount. I suggest everyone affected make the same request so that, when paypal or Pitney Bowes starts losing money, they might sit up and notice they've messed something up for us measly peons who depend on them.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Any of the times earlier today that I attempted to print by PayPal or EST, it allowed me to get right up to the payment portion before failing. There was no real warning beforehand that it would fail to do so. Until it didn't.

I couldn't print postage tonight if my life depended on it, I'm looking after the kids until they go to bed, and then I'm calling it quits too. I thought I might watch a movie but I think I'm better off going to bed early and getting up early tomorrow. Since nothing went today as it should, I'm way further behind tomorrow than I was yesterday.

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
A Since nothing went today as it should, I'm way further behind tomorrow than I was yesterday.

Well Said.  Woman LOL

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

Paypal has not been working for me either - I get the same error as you and this is since last Wed.  One of the "Pinks" said he was looking into it with Paypal.

Since then, I have had success with CP Snap Ship using Firefox on my iMac - easy peasy and with a bigger discount.

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

If PayPal isn't working tomorrow, I'll try Ship Snap again. I've upgraded my version of Safari to the latest now so maybe that will help. Hope springs eternal.
Message 24 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Oh, wait I see it now. Why do you suppose it's in none of the drop-down menus?

From the CPC email I got last month, the impression I was left with is that Snap Ship is in beta test mode. Which is why they have a survey available at the end to suggest improvements (the only part that completely fails on my old Firefox desktop browser is the survey).  And to encourage testing a 15% discount off your Solutions for Small Business rate if you use it instead of EST until July/2017.

When It comes to printing I have to open up the PDF file that Snap Ship creates, before I can print the label. That I don't mind since I save the PDF files to disk for possible future reference (or reprinting if I screw up).

As for paypal -- right now it wants me to supply my UPS info (briefly flashes then skips right by the Canada Post or UPS question). I suspect I need to throw out some cookies.

My sympathies for your frustration levels. Might I suggest a baseball bat and a pinata ?

-..-

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

And it's good to know Ship Snap (Snap Ship?) worked for you. Thanks.
Message 26 of 57
latest reply

Talked to PayPal the rep was great and there is a problem with Canada Post, they have been notified, ...but.   they are all on holiday till Tuesday so don't expect any help before then. ...but. they will all be tired from the long weekend and will need another day to recoup.  but wait, they will probably try to blame us first. so maybe next week don't hold your breath. cheers.

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I use Safari and was able to get into Snap Ship although I didn't actually print a label.  (Or it might have been Shippo.  I don't know anymore, but I tried one of the two.)

Snap Ship is via the Canada Post website, and is currently available.

Shippo (Ship Hippo) will not be eBay,CA ready until summer -- and will be reached through eBay.CA

-..-

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

My first of two paypal Shipping labels printed this morning without any hiccups. Just as it should. I will note there was no pop-up window prompting me to add my Canada Post account this morning. The service was domestic. 

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

The second of two labels printed fine and as it should through paypal shipping too. Another domestic. I don't know if the problem has been fixed on their end, or if it was particular to shipments designed for outside Canada, or if it was related to my slightly-out-of-date version of Safari. 

Message 30 of 57
latest reply

This is truly nuts!!!!  called paypal they connected me to ebay and them ebay connected me back to paypal!!!! Now I have to do my labels through Canada Post's slow slow website. Having to charge my CC and not giving me the same discount as Paypal!!!! Who cares!  I guess all that matters is that the buyer gets their item, who cares if the seller is losing money and time!!!! Sorry just had to vent!!!

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

I've been in contact with Paypal Support via Twitter - unable to print international labels since Wednesday - I 've received a few replies, todays is: "My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. Regrettably, I am unable to provide an exact time for the shipping error to be fixed. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. I am hopeful we will receive an update soon. ^ITE"

I've been printing labels on Canada Post Snap Ship - they offer a better discount than via Paypal (until promo ends in July)

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I know there have been problems with Light Pocket USA vanishing and a new requirement to log into your Canada Post account if you have one but I did all that, completed all my forms (customs and phone number for recipient double-checked) and I still got shunted with no explanation. Has anyone figured out what the actual heck is going on?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 1.59.00 PM.png

Well, if it's any consolation, this is exactly (your screen shot) the problem that has been happening to me for the past week or so.  No one believed me, or named the usual suspects -- browser type, cache clear, etc. etc., which I don't think has anything to do with this whatsoever.  I called Paypal, they blamed eBay.  I see from another poster here that Paypal told them that Canada Post is the problem (doubtful).

I messaged one of the "pinks", he said it's Paypal's fault, citing that Paypal will be leaving the eBay label business shortly.  However, he did say they should still provide a functioning service until Shippo replaces it, which I'm told in is about 3 to 4 weeks.  

We absolutely should bring this up at this Wednesday's board hour.  Personally, I've not been able to get one label to print in the usual way (using the eBay link) as I wanted it for about 8 days now.  Sometimes I can get a label by going back through the Paypal transaction directly (i.e. not using the eBay link), but the discount is lower on Tracked Packet through the direct Paypal route.

Tonight, to top it off, both Light Packet and Small Packet were absent from the drop-down list, AND I also got the error screen above that you posted.  Ding-ding-ding, Trifecta!!  I actually laughed out loud at how ludicrous this was.  

I've got more urgent and important things to do tomorrow than stand around in the Post Office, so I paid the extra  dollars and used Tracked Packet, although I had to go through the Paypal transaction directly to get it to print.  

The Tracked Packet discount through eBay was shown as 10%, but when I went directly through Paypal, the discount was only 6.25%.  Weirdly, the former showed Tracked Packet's base cost as $16.71, the latter as $17.68 (both Cdn funds).  What that's about, who knows, but it means Paypal made an additional buck off me tonight because their system didn't work as it should -- not to mention that I could have used Light Packet and spent about half of what I ended up spending for shipping if only it had been available.  

What a fiasco.  

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

I've given up looking for Light Packet on PayPal.  It hasn't been there for days and Canada Post doesn't offer it online.  But tonight I had to purchase a Small Packet Air, so I filled in all the info and when it came time to pay and print, I got the same printing error that mj posted.

So off I headed to Snap Ship, prepared to pay $8.60 but, when all was said and done, with the discount they're currently offering, I ended up paying $7.22 including tax.  So that's only 38 cents more than Light Packet and $1.38 less than the usual Small Packet Air price.  I believe this discount is good until some time in July .  I can't speak to heavier weights or shipping to other than the U.S. since I don't ship out of North America.

The only disadvantage is that you have to enter all the information manually and, of course, you have to pay by credit card.

Just think of all the people who have been on the Boards this week who have been unable to get labels through PayPal, and likely hundreds if not thousands that we haven't heard from, and not a peep from eBay.

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

Just think of all the people who have been on the Boards this week who have been unable to get labels through PayPal, and likely hundreds if not thousands that we haven't heard from, and not a peep from eBay.

Yes, as if it were some sort of minor service for most of us.  Think too of all that extra money Canada Post must be collecting in the past week or so due to Paypal's usual Light Packet option being unavailable.  Actually, as I mentioned earlier, I found even Small Packet was unavailable on Paypal this evening.  

I use Light Packet a lot, so I think I'll be trying Snap Ship (or the Post Office itself) next time, rather than paying extra for the convenience of a label. 

One really has to be unbelievably persistent and resourceful to sell on eBay these days. 

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

Tried 4 times today to print a expedited label for Ontario.  Each time paypal asks for my Canadapost account number.  When I enter my Ventureone number I get an error message telling me to try again later.  This is pathetic.  So I will take my $85 parcel to the post office later today and do it all at the counter.  With online labels DOA until shippo is up and running I expect to waste many extra hours filling in customs forms, etc.

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

Good morning everyone.  Thanks so much for pointing out the issues with PayPal label printing.  We are aware of the issue (see our announcement for more details), and we are working hard to get a resolution.

In short, PayPal recently made a change to the label printing flow, requiring sellers to register for a new Canada Post account or link an existing one, to their PayPal account.  When this linkage is made, it seems as though eBay sellers see the rates & services for Canada Post's "Solutions for Small Business" offering, rather than eBay rates & services.

As we announced in January of this year, this was an expected behaviour change for labels that were printed when sellers go directly to PayPal, but no change was to be made to the behaviour when sellers click on "Print shipping label" in My eBay.

We are currently working with PayPal to reverse the change on the eBay flow and will keep you updated on progress.

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

@qottie wrote:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks so much for pointing out the issues with PayPal label printing.  We are aware of the issue (see our announcement for more details), and we are working hard to get a resolution.

In short, PayPal recently made a change to the label printing flow, requiring sellers to register for a new Canada Post account or link an existing one, to their PayPal account.  When this linkage is made, it seems as though eBay sellers see the rates & services for Canada Post's "Solutions for Small Business" offering, rather than eBay rates & services.

As we announced in January of this year, this was an expected behaviour change for labels that were printed when sellers go directly to PayPal, but no change was to be made to the behaviour when sellers click on "Print shipping label" in My eBay.

We are currently working with PayPal to reverse the change on the eBay flow and will keep you updated on progress.

Thank you for providing this information, but what, if anything, does this have to do with: 

(a) Being completely unable to access and print a Paypal label after using the "Print shipping label" from My eBay, and filling in all the required information.  When I go to pay for my label, I get a screen advising labels are not available -- this has happened every time I've attempted to get a label in the past week.  

(b) Having both Light Packet and Small Packet disappear from the available CPC shipping options on Paypal (whether using the eBay shipping link or going directly from Paypal.  (Small Packet is an available service on CPC's SFSB).  

It seems something more is going on than just not getting our eBay discounts, which is unfortunate enough in itself.  The labels just aren't printing at all (if we can even get at the particular shipping service we want), and this is a far more serious issue for many of us. 

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

Yes, I understand you rose-dee. I will pass the points on to PayPal as part of the investigation & hopefully resolution. Thanks.
Message 39 of 57
latest reply

I was able to generate a label today on Ship Snap. 

It was relatively painless to use.

I'd appreciate it more if I'd found the option to include a Packing Slip and use my paypal balance instead of having to hike the balance of my credit card. 

Message 40 of 57
latest reply