Has anyone tried Canada Post Zone-Skip from stallion express?

lud-4367
Community Member

I made a sale with a big and heavy coffee table book. I usually use canada post but with this item, it's way too expensive to use it. I'm trying to package with stallion express, and I'm seeing some options starting from ICS Ground and UniUni. Their prices are good, but I assume the tracking from ICS Ground and Uniuni will not work on ebay? Then, I get to see Canada Post Zone-skip which is a little bit cheaper and slower than Expedited. Has any tried Canada Post Zone-skip? Will it still work on ebay system? Let me know. Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Has anyone tried Canada Post Zone-Skip from stallion express?

I use all three via Stallion, price being the deciding factor. CP zone-skip only when they are the only option. I don't provide tracking info for any domestic shipments unless requested by the buyer which is extremely rare.

UniUni, is great, of course only good for major centres.

Zone-skip in my limited experience is variable for delivery times.

As far as your specific question, Zone-skip will give you a standard CP tracking number, of course it will only show that a label was printed until it reaches the destination facility.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Have you ever input tracking info shipped from ICS ground (ICS courier perhaps?) and Uniuni on ebay? Some answers I found here said ebay didn't update the delivery process from those services. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

You can also check out Sendle Canada.  For heavy smaller dimension items it can have some good rates. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@lud-4367 wrote:

I made a sale with a big and heavy coffee table book. I usually use canada post but with this item, it's way too expensive to use it. I'm trying to package with stallion express, and I'm seeing some options starting from ICS Ground and UniUni. Their prices are good, but I assume the tracking from ICS Ground and Uniuni will not work on ebay? Then, I get to see Canada Post Zone-skip which is a little bit cheaper and slower than Expedited. Has any tried Canada Post Zone-skip? Will it still work on ebay system? Let me know. Thanks.

@lud-4367 

Will it fit in any of the prepaid box options? I've done that in the past with good savings. + tax. No fuel surcharge.

$16.99$19.99$24.99$32.99

-Lotz

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

In theory, all eBay wants is Proof of Delivery, not actual tracking.

In real life, buyers will panic. And American buyers will go DefCon One with extra sprinkles.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

In theory, all eBay wants is Proof of Delivery, not actual tracking.

So... in theory, I ship the item with a cheaper service like ICS courier. The tracking number I input on ebay has no updates , but later ICS courier shows delibered. Will ebay consider it as delivered, or can a buyer still claim item not recieved? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This is the fire time I heard about sendle. Does the tracking from sendle work on ebay? Does it have many drop off places like staliion? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

it's way too expensive to use it.

Did you quote the buyer a Flat Rate?
That's always a mistake with items that are going to be shipped as parcels.

Unless, as suggested above, you will ship in Flat Rate Boxes.

Did you quote the buyer Calculated Shipping?
Then they saw the correct cost to their doorstep, including fuel charges and sales taxes, and have agreed to pay it.

Don't decide for the customer that something is too expensive for them.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I ship the item with a cheaper service like ICS courier. The tracking number I input

NO.

EBay will accept the tracking from pretty well any company

I'm talking about using a completely untracked method like Canada Post's LetterMail or Small Packet Air USA.

There is no tracking at all on those services.

If the buyer claims Item Not Received, you are not covered and you refund.

Period.

It is rare that private couriers can beat Canada Post's prices.

So rare that couriers will subcontract to Canada Post for rural or isolated destinations.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It is rare that private couriers can beat Canada Post's prices.

So rare that couriers will subcontract to Canada Post for rural or isolated destinations.

This was probably accurate 25 years ago but definitely not today.

Probably only about 20% of my domestic packages (too big for O/S Lettermail) are shipped via Canada Post. All the rest go via private carriers and do so for one very simple reason....it's CHEAPER! Sometimes only a bit (less than $1) but usually more like 25 - 75% cheaper (and usually as fast or faster than CP direct).

Rcent example:

Toronto to Quebec City, weight 420g / 32x32x2

Canada Post Expedited (via Stallion) $9.39

UniUni (via Stallion) $5.35

For "rural" (not near major cities) the private carriers are either only slightly less than CP or they don't provide that service at all.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

aenon49
Community Member

I'm new and have never shipped in Canada  yet to sell will eBay  ...thought about Stallion way cheaper ..but live in a small town ..do I  print label off from Stallion ..then do I drop it off at any shipping store like staples 

Thank you

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It's not quite that easy.  There are a just a few Stallion drop off locations.  Where are you located?

https://stallionexpress.ca

Message 13 of 13
latest reply