Has the ebay about me page been discontinued?

I started selling on ebay 20+ years ago but because I was not active when the new rules about where you could sell and in what currency happened I missed the boat. As a result my old ebay ID is useless as I can only list on ebay.com in US$ but ebay will convert all the sales to Canadian funds so I will lose about 3% on each sale. 

I was hoping to reference my old selling ebay ID on my about me page but it seems like that is no longer an option.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Has the ebay about me page been discontinued?

After much searching I found what looks like it's replacement. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you plan to sell again, you will have to set up a Managed Payments account to get paid.

Do this before listing anything, because eBay will Hold your payments until they have somewhere to transfer the money.

Even with a MP account, at first you will have restrictions on the number and value of your listings and your payments will be Held against your performance for up to 21 day.

And all your names must match.
If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, you cannot have a bank account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, a Managed Payment account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith, and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Are you saying that you want to list only on .com or that's where you think you are allowed to list?   If it's the latter, that doesn't sound correct as an ID can list on any site.

If you haven't registered fir Managed Payments you should be able  to register on .ca and choose US$.  You will need a $US chequing account at a Canadian bank.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I still have to setup my managed payments. Deciding on which bank to use. I still have a Canada Post account from years ago but will look into what you suggested in case there are any changes. I appreciate the heads up. 

Also good to know about the bank account names. Things were so much easier before. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When I originally opened my account ebay.ca did not exist so I registed on .com. 

When it came time to choose what currency I wanted to deal with I missed the boat so I know longer have that option, or so I am told. I have to get paid in Canadian dollars. Because my old account was under .com I can  list in US$ but on .com but still only get paid in Canadian $ hence the loss on conversion. 

I would be just as happy to list everything on .com and get paid in USD but that is no longer an option or so I am told. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply