Has the insertion fee now changed to .34 cents per item after you use up your 50 free?

Has the insertion fee changed to .34 cents per item after you use up your 50 free listings?   I guess I missed the update.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Has the insertion fee now changed to .34 cents per item after you use up your 50 free?

What is the Category of the listing to which you are referring? Format?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@kussacat wrote:

Has the insertion fee changed to .34 cents per item after you use up your 50 free listings?   I guess I missed the update.

What is the HST where you live. If you are at 13%, you will pay 30¢ plus 13% HST (3.9¢) for a total of 34¢ rounded up.

Ebay adds the GST/HST for each listing or FVF when it has been listed on your invoice.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

According to 'Fees for selling on eBay', additional listings over 50 (per month) are $0.30 each.

I don't know what to believe , as I've seen other incorrect examples; such as Final value fee discount of 20% stated on seller dashboard.

I've looked for a policy update to no avail.

Perhaps a more learned seller will chime in to clarify.

My bet is on papermoneyforme's suggestion.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:
... such as Final value fee discount of 20% stated on seller dashboard.

Was finally fixed at the start of September -- dashboard now shows the correct 10% discount for TRS.

to Original Poster: 30 cents plus GST/HST/QST since start of July (when eBay gave in and started collecting sales tax on fees).

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Apparently this tax is being rounded up very generously in the government's favor...I live in SK =no harmonized sales tax,(looks like they add GST plus our prov. sales tax which is 6%) as my listings show as .34.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Apparently this tax is being rounded up very generously in the government's favor..

Half cent rounding hasn't been called very generous for over a century.

When it's GST+PST the values are calculated separately.

GST = 0.30 * 0.05 = 0.02

PST = 0.30 * 0.06 = 0.02 (SK)

0.30+0.02+0.02 = 0.34 (SK)

The only way to save your listing tax pennies is to have a store.

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The tax on each transaction is recorded on eBay  to several decimal places.... maybe as many as 6 decimal places

For each month this is added up... 

and only with the total for a month is there a rounding up or a rounding down.

It was Pierre that made note of this happening...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Apparently this tax is being rounded up very generously in the government's favor..

Half cent rounding hasn't been called very generous for over a century.

When it's GST+PST the values are calculated separately.

GST = 0.30 * 0.05 = 0.02

PST = 0.30 * 0.06 = 0.02 (SK)

0.30+0.02+0.02 = 0.34 (SK)

The only way to save your listing tax pennies is to have a store.

-..-

Provinces without the hst should not be charged pst so so someone from Sask. should be paying .32

http://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2017summer/ebay-canada-limited.html

mrdutch - is your original registered address in another province?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply