Hearing Aid Listing Cancelled

My listing for selling hearing aids was cancelled with the explanation that prescription items are not allowed.  Upon reading their accompanying link it states that hearing aids can be listed provided that the FDA disclaimer is included in the description.

So I cut and paste the disclaimer and included it in the description.  Once again my listing is cancelled with the same story about prescription items.

My listing is exactly the same as many others on eBay so I am confused as to what is wrong with mine.  Can anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member
I’m guessing that this is a case where a US eBay policy has been applied to the Canadian eBay site without any attempt to modify the policy to fit the realities of the Canadian market. Why would disclaimers from a US government agency need to be applied to a Canadian listing?

That said, this doesn’t improve the news for you. I found a website for an Ontario-based chain of audiologists and the claim on the website is that it is illegal for anyone other than a licensed audiologist to dispense hearing aids in Canada.

Your competition may be getting away with doing what they’re doing because they’re based somewhere other than Canada, or else they’re licensed audiologists themselves. Or perhaps you’ve been unlucky enough to have had someone see your listings and report them. 🤷‍♂️
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There are plenty of listings for hearing aids listed in both Canada and USA (some with and some without the FDA disclaimer) from private individuals who are re-selling items from estate sales and the like.  I cannot believe that they have all just slipped through the cracks, especially as eBay’s policy statement says that hearing aids can be sold as long as the FDA disclaimer is included.  My listings have been rejected on the grounds that they are prescription items (not because they are hearing aids specifically). 

Maybe I should just avoid using the words “hearing aid” in the title.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply