Help Needed Before Unsold Listings Disappear

I am in a quandry of what to do.  I closed my store Aug 1/19 as I need a break.  I have had 2 close family members pass away & am not able to deal with selling full time right now.  I know that my unsold listings will be saved for only 90 days. I have over 1200 unsold listings. If I do nothing I will lose all of them that I have spent hundreds of hours creating.  If eBay would have offered me a promotion for free listings, I would have jumped on that.  But I haven't received a decent promotion in years. So the only option I see for me, is to reopen my store for a month & then close it again.  Then I would have all my unsold items saved for another 90 days.  Any other suggestions? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately there is little recourse for saving eBay listings beyond the 90 days. I am fortunate that I have used Turbo Lister over many years and my listings appear there and I often have to recover a lost eBay listing from TL. My photos are all stored in a file on my computer so I always have access to the photos if they go missing from a listing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Someone else may know if you could download your current drafts to turbolister now and store them there.  Here is a link to downloading it, I have no idea if the links are still valid.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think the easiest solution is to re open a store and relist all the listing. This is what you know how to do and should have no surprises to relist and refresh the 90 days to retain the listings on eBay.

It will cost you the store monthly fee. But you do not have to learn Turbo Lister which is no longer supported by eBay and may not work when you need it in a few months. You could use another third party tool like InkFrog, Auctiva, etc., but you would have to learn those tools and pay the monthly fees to hold your listings there.

How long you keep the store open is up to you. If you want little extra work from extra sales just open and close after a few days. I assume you will use the store feature to end all listings. But you will end your current 100 free listings too. So think about the how to do this. You could take this opportunity to swap which 100 listings to keep running or just end them all to have a complete break until early January. Then decide what to do again.

You might experience a lot of sales because all the listings are fresh and “new”.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

On your Unsold List, click on the button at the top left that chooses all the closed listings on that page.

Relist as Fixed Price.

Count to ten. Close all the now Open Listings.

REPEAT UNTIL YOU HAVE RELISTED AND CLOSED ALL YOUR LISTINGS.

The relisted and closed items will go back to your Unsold List for another 90 days.

Do this at an ungodly hour - 3 am EST is midnight Pacific- so almost no one will be looking at eBay. 

You will pay the normal listing fee for a Fixed Price /30 days. 

But since you have a Store, this will cost you no more than September did, when all your listings were closed.

And a lot less that the time you would spend rebuilding your listings.

Time is money and money is time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply