Help with Managed Payment Listing Fees

Hi everyone,

I want to clarify how Managed Payments fees will work. (I have already read the various help articles).

Putting insertion fees aside, is the fee for typical categories (ex. Cell Accessories) 12.35% of the final sale + $0.30CAD?

I am just wondering of whether this will actually result in savings for me like eBay says. I don't think it will, so if anyone could let me know if my below example makes sense, please do.

I sell mostly inexpensive items (less than $8.00), so I have a PayPal Micropayments account, which charges a 5% final value fee plus $0.05 per transaction.

Let's say I sell an item for $5.95 (my typical price). In the current system, I would pay $5.95 * 0.10 for eBay fees + ($5.95 * 0.05) + $0.05 for PayPal fees. The total fees I pay for this transaction is $0.94.

With MP, I would pay ($5.95 * 0.1235) + $0.30. That's $1.03 of fees.

I know that's not a very significant difference, but it's not giving me any savings like I thought it would. That will add up, eventually. Are my calculations correct and will this system not benefit those who sell lower priced items?

Thanks,

Adam

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Help with Managed Payment Listing Fees

I have successfully registered for Managed Payments.

I have learned that because of this  I am able to access and read all of the information that relates to Managed Payments...

It appears that people who have not registered for Managed Payments have not been able to read the information about Managed Payments.

My selling experience on eBay will not change with Managed Payments.

However, for other Canadian sellers certain adjustments will have to be made... such as...  selling in US dollars on eBay.com, and having the US dollars remain as US dollars deposited  in a US dollar account.

Message 101 of 104
latest reply

In order to find out the specifics as they relate to Managed Payments,  a Canadian seller must register.

and then......  Once registered that seller can do a lot of reading, and learn the specifics.

There are sellers who do not want to continue on eBay with Managed Payments.  The only way these sellers can find out about the specifics  with respect to Managed Payments is to complete the registration.  ...... and then cancel the registration should they choose to leave eBay.

Message 102 of 104
latest reply

@cumos55 

While some Canadian sellers have accounts in American banks, there is a running confusion here that a Canadian bank account in US dollars is the same thing.

The eBay reps that have been answering  questions have NOT been able to confirm that a Canadian US dollar account can be used with a dotCOM account for payments in US dollars.

Message 103 of 104
latest reply

eBay is working on the US dollar option for Canadian sellers.

Message 104 of 104
latest reply