Help with finding out the value of my Vase's?

patsygb
Community Member

Hi, I am looking for some help identifying the value of some vintage vases I received. This vase with the horses is from Italy.  All I am sure of i that it is vintage. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what it is worth or who made it i would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help with finding out the value of my Vase's?

This is not my area of expertise, but your horse vase reminds me of this piece in style etc.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Neat vase!

You'll have a better chance with this that the other two you pictured because there are a lot of collectors of horsey-type items.

Do a search for vintage horse vase and then look at completed items.

Yours is in the same era as this one is but yours is better.

That should give you some idea.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Probably 1960's Nippon. Picture of the base would be extremely helpful value-wise.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is not my area of expertise, but your horse vase reminds me of this piece in style etc.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@patsygb wrote:

Hi, I am looking for some help identifying the value of some vintage vases I received. This vase with the horses is from Italy.  All I am sure of i that it is vintage. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what it is worth or who made it i would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Hi,

A picture of the base, as mentioned, would really help. I'm wondering how it is that you know it is from Italy? Is there some sort of signature or mark on the base, again the photo of the bottom would really help.

Can't say 100% without seeing the base but lusterware like that  is pretty commmon and not overly valuable. You'll also find more examples if instead of searching for vases you search for planters. For whatever reason, from that era, those pieces were considered planters rather than vases.

In any event as cute as it is, it won't be something you're retiring off of the value lol.

Cheers,

thD

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for all the replies, I appreciate all the info and advice. I think Sylviebee may have found a vase that is very similar to the one I have, especially the marking on the bottom, "Made in Italy" so it may indeed be a Majolica Style Luster Finish Vase. I agree treasure hunter I won't be retiring off it, lol, but it's nice to have some idea what it might be.

Thanks again,

Pats

Message 6 of 6
latest reply