How do we turn off the busywork Ebay messages?

I am *really* tired of deleting "buyer made an offer", "Your item has sold". and "payment from (buyer) is confirmed, ship item" ebay messaged *and* emails. It's the point that I am considering turning off Best Offer just to cut down on the nagging messages and emails I have to delete. 

I can't *find* a way to do so, but *surely* there is a way to select *which* messages get through to our Ebay inbox and associated email address? *Surely*?!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

I think the "Communications Preferences" section of "My eBay" is the closest thing there is, and it may not do everything you're hoping it will do.

https://commspreferences.ebay.ca/commsprefs

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can reduce the number of"Offer" messages by adding parameters to your  Best Offers.  If you are accepting Best Offers on listings asking $100, but would be insulted by $90, set that to be automatically rejected and the customer who offers $90 or $50 or $9.99 will get a polite automatic no thank you.

If you'd settle for $95 and the customer offers $97 she will get an automatic acceptance at $97.

You only see the Your Item Has Sold message, and I find it hard to understand that a seller would find those annoying. 😄

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No, I get what you mean. But let's say we have an item listed for $100, with the auto reject at $90. If a buyer makes an offer of $91, we counter offer at $95, and they accept, and pay an hour later. That will result in FIVE Ebay messages, and *five* emails, *none* of which we can opt out of. It doens't make sense to not let us decide what emails we want to get, at the VERY least. 

I get what you mean on the auto accept, but that doens't work in our industry, as we deal in collectibles primarily, which fluctuate in price too much to make auto accept BO feasible. All it leads to is other dealers buying out our underpriced inventory. So by setting the BIN with a little "cushion", and having a range below that where BO's can get through for review is the only way to do it really. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply