How do you create duplicate listings?

I was just wondering how you go about creating duplicate listings. I tried to, but I think I may have missed the necessary button. Any help that can be offered it very much appreciated.

Cheers All!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@the_collectors_cargo wrote:

I was just wondering how you go about creating duplicate listings. I tried to, but I think I may have missed the necessary button. Any help that can be offered it very much appreciated.

Cheers All!!!!!

Are you just new to eBay, or is this an alternate (posting) ID?  I don't like to assume. Smiley Happy

If you are brand new to eBay, and if by "duplicate listings" you mean two listings for substantially the same item, you should read this policy before you do anything else:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-multi.html

However, if you're just asking about how to use an existing listing to create a similar (not duplicate) listing, then do this:

- Open the existing listing, look at top left of screen, click on "Sell Similar" (or if you're using Selling Manager, find the item in your active listings, and use the drop-down list at the right to select "Sell Similar".

That's it.  You will now be working on a new listing, but with all of the information shown from the original listing.  Make your edits, remove the old photos and upload your new ones, select any other upgrades, etc. you want, and then click on the button on the final screen to list your item.  If you think you may use that listing format again, you can choose "Save as a template" -- I believe that will now put a copy in your "Drafts" section of Selling Manager.

By the way, you can now also use the "Drafts" section if you have Selling Manager to hold a partially completed listing and finish it later. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The_collector: if perchance "duplicate" means your intention is to create an item with multiple items (identical), you simply have to change the quantity to more than one, and fill in the additional shipping (if any) if the buyer purchases multiple copies.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
The_collector: if perchance "duplicate" means your intention is to create an item with multiple items (identical), you simply have to change the quantity to more than one, and fill in the additional shipping (if any) if the buyer purchases multiple copies.

Just to add on to that....That can't be done on auctions.....a multiple item listing must be a Fixed Price listing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Good catch PJ! I didn't notice they were auctions......
Message 5 of 5
latest reply