How to see US calculated shipping in listing

I have just listed a rather heavy item using the eBay.ca calculator and would like to know how much postage a US buyer would have to pay.

Once upon a time one could change the ship-to location from Canad to US, enter a zip code and determine the cost. That no longer appears to be possible (I can change to US and enter a code but get a message in red font saying no-can-do). Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How to see US calculated shipping in listing

It may be that your item is simply too heavy for the service you have listed. 

What is the weight and what method are you trying to send it with to where? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The weight is up between 8 & 9 kgs. to US and Canada. All info (l/w/h) and weight entered in calculator for both domestic and US.

I had the same problem trying to determine the cost to ship a lightweight DVD last week, so I don't think the weight is a factor.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The weight and dimension for services are very specific to the service big offered. Most often those errors are caused by a mismatch of weight and volume to available service. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, I meant 'being' offered. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You should still be able to see a US shipping in  the same way so it could be a problem with the dimensions.  The maximum for expedited USA is:

length - 2m

length + girth -2.74m

The max l+g for expedited Canada is 3m so the item may be ok for one service but not the other.

This is for the Singer?  What dimensions did you enter because as you said, the US shipping is not showing up.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't think there is an error since I can see the shipping cost to Canada.

For the US I have chosen International Parcel -surface with weight between 8-9 kg.

At the bottom of the listing under shipping and payment there is a drop-down menu for Canada or United States. I can get the cost for Canada with no problem. However, if I switch to United States and enter a zip code in the box at the right (which states postal code and get rates) I get a message saying: "A shipping cost cannot be calculated; please enter a valid postal code."

Just out of curiosity I clicked on one of your listings and was able to get a shipping cost for a US zip code. If you have a minute, would you mind trying to do the same on my listing? I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks - our posts must have crossed.

The dimensions are 33 cm x 22 cm x 32 cm. I have chosen surface to keep the costs down as postage cost is a huge disincentive (as we all know...)

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Your listing does not give a cost because you are asking it to calculate a service that is not available in the US.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Any service fort the US has USA in the title.  International services are for other countries and in some cases only certain services go to certain international countries. Try using expedited USA.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks! That did the trick. Although I don't think I will have too many takers at that shipping cost. Sigh.....

Message 11 of 11
latest reply