I am confuse about the "send offer" tool...

I do not understand how functions the "send offer" tool. I have sent offers to a lot of watchers for a lot of items. Today, a client wanted to buy something he received my offer for, but he has no way to apply the discount offered. Same thing happen to me, I received an offer for an article I have been watching but I had no way to accept the offer and pay the discounted price.

Also, when I want to "review sent offers", the message ''you have no offers" appear.

Is it a glitch?  Someone have more success with send offer tool?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @verovintagetreasures - how long had the offer been sent to this perspective customer? An offer to watchers is good for only 48 hours or until the item has sold, whichever comes first. 

Can you get me more screenshots of what you encountered so I can look into it further? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

Thank you for your help!

I have sent the offer yesterday and the client bought the item today, so not even 24 hours between the two actions.

Same thing when I had personally received an offer. I clicked on "review offer" as soon as I received the email and I was not able to buy the item at the offer price ($1.44). The price was $2.88. I had yo send a Best offer to the seller to be able to buy it at $1.44.

I'll send you a screen shot of my email offer I've received as a client. Also screen shots of my Ebay store; the page on which I've clicked "review sent offers", then the "you have no offers" page and finally the result when I click on "view offer history", which is an "unknown item" page.

I hope it's clear, I have a hard time to explain what I mean (I'm French!) 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

pic 2

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

pic 3

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

pic4

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

sorry

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the screenshots so quickly @verovintagetreasures! I'm going to get them sent on and will hopefully have an update for you next week! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Oh, one last thing @verovintagetreasures - will you post the item number of the item you had sent an offer on? I will include that in the mail to my tech team. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Here is the item number for which I had sent an offer: 132983637441

Thank you for your help!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@verovintagetreasures 

Hello tyler@ebay  ,

It seems there may have a few omissions when the Send Offer tools was created. In Sellers Hub there is a tab to review offers. Click on it and it displays no information unless something has sold. It would be much more helpful if it included Date offer sent, when it ends and the amount offered. I understand due to privacy it can't show who an offer was sent to. It might even be helpful to include how many people were sent an offer. Could cause someone to be proactive and accept. Also, possibly an option to retract or correct an offer if an error in the amount was made. 

Regards,

-Lotz

Message 11 of 11
latest reply