I can only laugh...

Sales have been VERY slow for a while so how can it get worse? Sold an item to a new first time overseas buyer who outbid by $1(about $90). He did not pay after  7 days-no contact email. Relisted item and again sold to another overseas buyer. He did not pay after 8 days- no contact.

Sold a pair of beautiful resin figurines to a US buyer. Shipped and packed with extreme care and insured for $100 with Canada Post. Package arrived with both figures and shipping box damaged. Buyer sent me photos. I immediately refunded full cost of items and shipping. I filed a damage claim with CP. After many calls and contacts over about 40 days, with myself, CP and receiver, CP refused my damage claim because the items were "fragile" and would not be covered despite the tracking/insurance and obvious heavy damage to the shipping box.

I am almost afraid to sell anything else. Only a good hearty laugh repeated ad libitum reduces my frustration...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can only laugh...

Canada Post does not cover breakables... if they break in transit... the conclusion was that the sender did not parcel the item correctly.

When I shipped breakables... they were double-boxed.  The item was in the first box... The second box measured 3 inches bigger on all sides.

If the first box measured 10 x 6 x 8 .... inches.... The item was wrapped in bubble-wrap in this first box

The second box would be 16 x 12 x 14 ...  inches .

The material between the two boxes was newspaper  because the newspaper did not move in transit

Items did not break in transit... if the items were double boxed  correctly.

Some very large items ( such charge pieces of Chalet glass) have been shipped......Some to Australia, and nothing broke in transit.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Well that's annoying.

I hope you opened Unpaid Item Disputes for both of the unpaid transactions, and at least got your Final Value Fees refunded.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, yes I did.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post does not cover breakables... if they break in transit... the conclusion was that the sender did not parcel the item correctly.

When I shipped breakables... they were double-boxed.  The item was in the first box... The second box measured 3 inches bigger on all sides.

If the first box measured 10 x 6 x 8 .... inches.... The item was wrapped in bubble-wrap in this first box

The second box would be 16 x 12 x 14 ...  inches .

The material between the two boxes was newspaper  because the newspaper did not move in transit

Items did not break in transit... if the items were double boxed  correctly.

Some very large items ( such charge pieces of Chalet glass) have been shipped......Some to Australia, and nothing broke in transit.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You are absolutely correct; thanks. Some quotation about "hindsight" would be appropriate right now.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

One step back.....  Two steps forward.....  and .... MAKE IT HAPPEN

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Canada post simply DGAS"! whatever good reason you'll gonna give to get your claim, they will NEVER PAY for the INSURANCE COVERAGE for parcel sent to USA and OVERSEA, since 2017 they have new politics to do they're best to find a way **bleep**ing reason to NOT PAY US"! I had to claim 3 times and ALL THE TIME they say the same **bleep**ing EXCUSE by saying everytime they are not able to contact recipient to confirm and validate the claim from. I asked 2 times the ombudsman to intervain without succes"! It's all been planned since then to do so and the words spread all around the customers service staff to refuse our claims!

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! IT'S A SET UP AGAINST US

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

In passing:

buyer who outbid by $1(about $90).

While the deadbeat won by $1, you have no idea what his maximum bid was.

He could have put in a $500 bid, and still paid only the one increment over the underbidder.

@stukamilov TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.jpg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@realjazz-123 

Not sure if this is still in play but you used to be able to offer to the next lowest bidder if you had multiples units available. Not sure how it works with the current timeframe for a bidder to actually  not pay.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply