I give up

I'm sick and tired of the nagging emails from ebay about an "unsupported return policy" and it's pretty obvious now that ebay has zero intention of changing the return policy for certain categories such as collectibles which are SUPPOSED to be 14 day returns allowed.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I give up

You can set your return policy to "no returns" then.  That will stop the nagging emails.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I give up

I also get that frustrating message, and most of the items are collectibles. I just ignore them at the moment. Straight to the bin box.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I give up

It's not JUST the emails. It's the fact that ebay can't follow through when they bleep something up. We were told this would be fixed "early in 2019". Hasn't happened.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I give up

Are you in Canada or the USA?   I checked out your profile it says your in the USA.. maybe you are posting in the wrong forum.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I give up

Nope I'm not. I'm in the USA but I LIST on ebay.ca as well as dot com.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I give up

If we ignore these warnings and sell how we sell does it have any impact on how our listings are presented in the algorithm?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I give up

Why not just set it at 30 days buyer pay postage for both domestic and international. This will make life easier for you. What does it really matter anyways. Ebay will still refund your buyers in full no matter how many days you specify even if you specify no returns. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I give up

I know. It's just annoying when ebay can't be bothered fixing stuff.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I give up

Your sales will also improve with 30 day returns enabled to all destinations.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I give up

@maximus7001 wrote:

Your sales will also improve with 30 day returns enabled to all destinations.

Are you sure about that? Personally, I'm not so sure it will help.

And... I refuse to give 30 days return on magazines and stuff like that. Way too much time to scan the whole thing and then send it back. Three days should be enough to verify your purchase and report a problem if there is one. This "30 days return" rule is so dumb. 😞

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I give up

Its because it will result in better search placements of your items for buyers. Ebay said this when telling everyone to do the 30 days.

Are you plagued with returns? We have had 1 return since 2005 and that one happened because the buyer was an idiot.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I give up

I would tend to agree... about 80% of the items I list can easily be copied/scanned,etc.

For most of my 18 years as a seller on eBay and other venues, I have maintained a "NO Returns" policy(knowing that there are circumstances that can &/or will over-ride my policy),  but I can still count on one hand the number of requests for a return so I stick to what has always worked for me.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I give up

"Its because it will result in better search placements of your items for buyers. Ebay said this when telling everyone to do the 30 days."

and you believe everything eBay says, right? Really??

Message 14 of 14
latest reply