I need help with a listing to help sell.

Hello Group, I have been listing some items here for a couple weeks now with no luck is selling and little traffic. The items I have listed are 35mm camera accessories which include a flash with adaptors, a zoom lens and a tele-converter. I started of listing each item by itself but after not getting many vistors to the items I decided on lotting the three items together. Even after making the change to my listing I am still getting only 3 or so visits to my listing. I think it may be the wording or the catagories I have it listed under. I hope someone can help me get my listing notticed more and hopefully sold soon.

Thank you in advance, Derrick

My item # is

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I know nothing about cameras, but putting brand names in titles is usually a good idea.

Leave out commas and make 'and' and ampersand (&) to save keystrokes.

It's not a good idea to say that you don't understand something. It may be true, but it does not give the honest buyer confidence and encourages the others.

Remember that most bids arrive in the last few minutes of an auction.

Is your starting price high enough to make you comfortable with the sale if you get only one bid?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi  Derrick, you couldn't have picked a worse season to try your hand at selling.  Summer is dead for almost everyone.  Visits to everyone are very very low.  It would be better to wait until September on to list most things.  I'm not an expert at selling but here are some suggestions.  Someone once told me that try to envision what the buyer looks at and wants to know.  Make sure the facts are simple and easy to read and to describe the item as if there were no pictures.   

Re your listing:

• Your pictures are good, would have been better without the busy bedspread in the background.  
  • Your price is good but you should only list it for the lowest you would be happy with.  I think your price is too low.   I have noticed that many auctions only have one bid.   If I were you I would cancel the listing and try again in September.  
  • I would get rid of the underlining as I found it hard to read.  I was confused what was included.   I'm not an expert but you might want to lay it out like this:

IMAGE TB-100 Camera Flash (Used)

• Tested and in excellent working condition.
  • Takes 6 AA Batteries (NOT INCLUDED) 
  • NO MANUAL Included.
  • Comes with camera bar adaptor along with the attachment to link it directly to camera.

I assume this flash can be used for both a 35MM or Digital camera. It was used for a 35MM. It has more settings than what I really knew what they were for. All in great condition.

IMAGE 70-210 Zoom Lens (Used)

• 70-210 1:4.5-5.6 MC MACRO
  • Excellent used condition 

YASHICA X2 Auto Tele Converter 35mm.

• Excellent condition
  • Comes complete with caps and case

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
I noticed that you did not mention the brand of camera the lens and teleconverter mount to. This is important as most major brands have a different mounting system. Good luck.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

These are technical buyers so try to give them as much data as possible.

- The buyer has to figure out if the equipment will work with his camera or not.  Try to find out the type of mount the lens has, so that a reader can see if it is a match, and work it into the title.  This is really important for the Image brand, as that is pretty generic. Old off brand zooms are not worth that much from what I have seen, so will be a bit of a slog even with full info. 

- Are the lenses free of scratches, haze, and fungus; aperture and focus rings move smoothly, aperture stops snappy/solid?   Be brutally honest if you look at and through the glass and there is anything that appears a bit off, or when you focus and it does not operate smoothly.

- The teleconverter looks interesting, but would sell much better if you can pin down what camera mounts it is compatible with.  And are they selling, even when it is a known brand and the technical info is included in listings?

- Yashica is a well known name brand, my first choice would to not bundle it with generic brands of equipment.  There is also a much better chance of finding out info about the Yashica. 

Style wise, for the listing, suggest toning down the text colour and underlining for the camera guys.  That is as likely to bounce them out as anything.  These are photo guys, and I would recommend getting a $1 piece of white Bristol board as a back drop.  Using the flowered background can give an appearance of not caring, and IMHO that may create an image that may extend to the items for sale.  .... but I am OCD about these things!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
I've also noticed the large font. This may look good on a computer screen. But I viewed it from my iPad. The letters are all compressed together. Very hard to read, let along be interested in deciphering. A lot of people are using tablets and smart phones.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply