ISN'T IT FUNNY HOW I JUST PAID MY EBAY INVOICE WITH PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!

And they received my payment within 5 seconds,

Yet with the new Managed payments it will take 4-5 days for me to receive payments from eBay...

Why are we switching payment providers when the one we have is as close to perfect as you can get????????

Please someone explain this to me...

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Your paypal account to ebay's paypal account should be exactly that quick.

It's an inside job after all.  No banks involved.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes. It should be.

But that is not what Managed Payments are telling us.

The four to five day delay is eBay's promise.

Why are we switching payment providers when the one we have is as close to perfect as you can get????????

Because Carl Icahn wanted to make money from forcing the two companies to be completely split apart.

He is now that much richer.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Because Managed Payments is for eBay's benefit not the sellers.....

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@esclyons 

Anyone know how long it will take for refunds/credits to process? Holds on funds? Will echecks still be an option?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I really hope e-cheques are not an option.

They cause way too much angst.

The buyer sees the money has been taken from her account but the seller has not shipped.

The seller sees a payment that is pending but is told not to ship.

There are a few Business days between payment sent and payment cleared.

And a payment made from a bank account is not retrievable in a Dispute.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

Not to forget this bit of directive:

Just to clarify when Managed Payments is rolled out will sellers be able to hold off shipping until payment is received/cleared in their bank account or will they have to ship as soon as it shows "awaiting shipment" as per dot com info?

Re: June 3 2020 Weekly Chat - Managed Payments -  

We ask that sellers ship the item to the buyer once the order shows as awaiting shipment.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@reallynicestamps 

Not to forget this bit of directive:

Just to clarify when Managed Payments is rolled out will sellers be able to hold off shipping until payment is received/cleared in their bank account or will they have to ship as soon as it shows "awaiting shipment" as per dot com info?

Re: June 3 2020 Weekly Chat - Managed Payments -  

We ask that sellers ship the item to the buyer once the order shows as awaiting shipment.

-Lotz

That is the  basically the same as it is now.  Once it says that it is time to ship that means that we have received payment and that we should ship. That isn’t going to change...we ship when the item is paid for.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Except transfers to bank can take up to 5 days. See above. With PayPal you see moments after payment has been completed.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

That is the  basically the same as it is now.  Once it says that it is time to ship that means that we have received payment and that we should ship. That isn’t going to change...we ship when the item is paid for.

Let's make one thing clear, eBay owns nothing except a Ecommerce platform which sellers can use to sell their goods. With Managed Payments, eBay receives payment not the seller.

Until the money clears the sellers bank account the payment has not been received.   

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Posts from other sellers have stated that they usually see the money in their bank account in 2 days but we will have to see if this Is the case with Canadian bank.   Yes you see your money in PP right away but unless you are using PP to buy something, most of us don’t have access to that money until it is then transferred to our bank accounts and that can take a few days. A few Canadians may still have  access via a PP debit card but the majority of us were not able to get those cards.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Let's make one thing clear, eBay owns nothing except a Ecommerce platform which sellers can use to sell their goods. With Managed Payments, eBay receives payment not the seller.

Until the money clears the sellers bank account the payment has not been received.   

The payment has been received but we don’t have immediate access to it.  But as I just pointed out, I don’t have access to my PP funds until they are transferred into my bank account or if I buy something from a merchant who accepts PP.   

The majority of online and brick and mortar merchants use similar processing systems and do not have instant access to their money.  I suppose it may be a problem for some that are used to having the money immediately but I don’t take my PP funds out right away so it isn’t an issue for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I would much rather stay with PP and am not looking forward to the change.  But I do think that at least some of the perceived problems are not going to be a problem for most.  My concern is mainly about the different currencies I sell in but hopefully there will be an acceptable solution to that.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Because of shipping delays with Covid 19 the work around was to bump up your handling time to make sure your item had enough time to arrive according to current conditions and as per the transit times that buyers believe are written in stone from eBay. (You shipped because as per PayPal the funds HAD arrived.) Going forward you now would need to  bump up your handling to confirm a your payment will have cleared to your bank and then proceed to ship ...In 3, 4, 5, 6 Days - Extra for holidays). Now the buyer is going say seller took forever to ship. Or in the world of Managed Payments does, Ship Now trump (pardon my language) Handling Time? So many questions, so few answers.

-Lotz

The critical thing to remember is previously you shipped WHEN the payment cleared in PayPal....Never Before!!!! Why should it suddenly be different in July?

money limbo – FedUpUSA

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I suspect what we need is a clarification of the language.

With e-cheques in particular, the money is not in the buyer's account.

But neither is it in the PP/MP account until it has cleared the banking system.

Will eBay be telling sellers to ship ONLY when the e-cheque has actually cleared?

Or will they be telling us to ship when they are told an e-cheque has been written?

It's back to the 70s or 80s, when customers wrote cheques for quite large amounts on a daily basis, and drove off in the new car, or packed the TV into the station wagon.

The biggest difference being that merchant and customer were face to face and usually the merchant demanded proof of identity (driver's license for the most part, something I haves never held).

But proof of identity did not show that there was actually any money to back the cheque.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply