If I can not sign up.....

then UNBLOCK my seller restriction due to not being able to sign up.  ebay stopped signups in canada accornding to your own annoncements 

"We will email and notify you in My Messages on eBay when you can register to have eBay manage your payments. eBay will require all sellers in Canada to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021."

YET you block sellers accounts for not being signed up.   

Does lefthand NOT have clue as to what right hand is doing. 

FIX this or COMPENSATE the sellers for lost access to the site we payfor. 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: If I can not sign up.....

Update, finally got to someone in MP who seems to know what's up.

The issue seems to be that due to my account being so old it was originally registered on the .com site. Therefore I received MP emails from .com and actually began the MP registration process, but during that process it was telling my address was my Canadian address ", USA" so I stopped and contacted Ebay help.

They then changed me to a Canadian account which broke everything (As tyler@ebay has mentioned) because MP usa thought I missed a deadline which then disabled new listings on the app, and then Ebay Canada emailed me that I would be moving to MP on July 2nd but which never happened and instead it disabled new listings on the website.

Anyway, I've been asked to wait 3-5 business days for Ebay IT to fix the issue which has been submitted "on an urgent basis"

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

Hi. 

Yes it is a pain. Rest assured it will get sorted, just will take an inordenant amount of time.  Would be nice if ebay credited some type of compensation for their failure to properly implenent the roll out of MP in Canada.  But we be just whistling.   All i know is when seller mess up ebay is sure **bleep** fast to punish sellers, would sure be refreshing if ebay held themselfs to the same standards.   

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

What would be nice would be if team leads and those under them were actually trained to realize there are ongoing test groups of Canadian users being pushed through US registration. I've talked with a lot of reps and team leads over the last few weeks and I came across maybe 1 or 2 that were aware of this, and came across a lot of confused staff, some of which were pushing the site registration switch. The team leads need to be pushing back to their supervisor(s) for proper training on this. It gets old seeing sellers here get pushed back in the process because of incorrect guidance by staff.  

Oh and if anything related to IT says days, change that word out for weeks. That reply is scripted and is designed to get you off the phone. I would suggest holding a team lead to account by scheduling calls for follow up. Once they get you off the call they have no responsibility for you and you have no way to reconnect. 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

What would be even nicer is if eBay Canada still had its own dedicated customer service centre.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Yes you are correct, I was talking to someone in Columbia, who was very helpful and input all of my info and siad a ticket was issued to correct the problem........and nothing.  No update, no message just a Bot that continues to show if info is not updated by a July 17 account will be frozen.  Great customer service.

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

If they are sending a ticket hold the rep accountable and schedule a call back from them to review the status after 2-3 business days. If you don't do that you will have nobody following your case and you get stuck with IT getting around to it when they want to actually read the service ticket they were sent.

The reps can also send another internal ticket to ensure your account doesn't get hit with any resrictions. Once you start the registration process it will start a countdown to complete verification before they start hitting you with restrictions. It took 32 days,  well over a dozen calls and numerous replies to tickets for me to get through the process and receive a payment.

A lot of these headaches could be avoided by simplying enabling an upload documentation button as starndard for the registration process. That way compliance has both whatever electronically submitted information as well as a backup of all the necessary information should something go awry during the process. A heck of a lot better than reps recommending you manually cause verification to fail and get your account flagged for suspicious activity.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply