If I purchase an Ebay shipping label, will Canada Post print it for me ?

Hi all,

I have a general question regarding Ebay shipping labels.  My printer is out of ink...If I were to purchase a shipping label through Ebay (expediated shipping from Ontario to Quebec), will Canada Post print out the label for me If I provide them with the scan code ?  I usually purchase shipping labels through Ebay and print myself, affix to parcel and drop off at Canada Post.  However, can't do that this time as no ink in my printer.  Just wondering if Canada Post can use the scan code to print for me ?  Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: If I purchase an Ebay shipping label, will Canada Post print it for me ?

NO!

Well I'm not 100% certain but I REALLY doubt it.

Now at my local postal franchise they also have computers, copiers,  printers etc. so if you took a thumb drive with a pdf they could print it but that's not a Canada Post service.

You could do something like that, save the label as a pdf and take that to anyone you know with a working printer.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

As a seller, do you not monitor the printer ink levels so as to not run low/run out of ink which would dissrupt your business needs?....

would it not be in your best interests to purchase ink and get the printer operational so that you can continue to print labels yourself as that is the most convenient way to get the job done?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  I was thinking the same thing.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the reply Mrdutch.  Agree, I should have ink on hand.  Not a major disruption as I'll just ship directly through CP instead of purchasing a label through ebay.  I was just curious to see if CP can print a label through a scan.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Speaking as a postal clerk: We CAN print a label, but ONLY if you are provided with a QR code when purchasing the label. This QR code (read: NOT a barcode) is the only way our system can be told to print a label. As far as I'm aware, this isn't an option through eBay Labels, but should be an option if you purchase the postage directly through Canada Post via SnapShip.

We technically do not have access to the internet via the Canada Post computers, nor do we have direct access to any file management via USB drives/ports, so "accessing" your label via any means other than the official QR code is impossible.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This is hopefully obsolete of ebay. If they can provide a QR code for USPS on ebay.com they can do it on ebay.ca for canadapost. Come on ebay.ca add a QR code for people that don't have a printer like me!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@stereoasis wrote:

This is hopefully obsolete of ebay. If they can provide a QR code for USPS on ebay.com they can do it on ebay.ca for canadapost. Come on ebay.ca add a QR code for people that don't have a printer like me!

@stereoasis 

As noted in a previous post a label can be only printed with a QR code with CP. Not from eBay labels. Many sellers include a packing slip or use a printer for address labels vs hand writing them out. Saves the possibility of delivery errors. Also never a bad idea to keep copies of orders for your records especially if at some time you would like to write off expenses for tax purposes. QR codes (with app) can also be used for pick ups to confirm an item has been picked up. A printer is always a worthwhile investment and have come down in price big time. Even the laserjet type. 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I don't think you quite understand the concept here..please go back & re-read what has been posted as per other members' comments...

If you perrsonally cannot do a print out, then perhaps you can access a friend's help...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I use canadapost online snapship tool to create shipments for ebay and discogs. Canadapost email me the qr code for that shipment and I take that to the post office and they scan and print the label. Problem is ebay.ca can create a canadapost shipment but they don't generate a qr code, so the post office can't print the label. If ebay.ca just generated a qr code it would make things more convenient and cheaper. I've never owned and don't want to own a printer.  I only sell a few items a month on ebay so no dig deal but would be nice if they did the qr code thing.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

and as noted your request is not possible and it is a dead issue....

You will need to accept, adjust, adapt and carry on with what is, how is, where is...

C'est la vie!

Que sera, sera.......

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Staples print center is a very convenient option to print stuff if you need.

And really having your own printer is part of the cost of doing business. I don't see why CP has to go out of its way to accomodate entitled small "businesses".
Message 13 of 13
latest reply