Income tax info from paypal & a business account.

I'm having a lot of problems getting my PayPal info for my income taxes this year. A lot of the reports that were available even earlier this year seem to have disappeared. Anyway, I have never signed up for a PayPal business account, even after 10 yrs of selling. Does having a business account make any difference and if so what is the advantage?

i have held off doing so because of reading about problems with PayPal asking for business documents, none of which I have since I am not a large seller. I know I could go to my PayPal acct after each sale and pick off the numbers but it's not feasible, there just aren't  enough hrs. In the day and I have 2 store selling IDs. Would appreciate any info regarding a business account or how to get reports from PayPal now.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You will probably need to sign up for a Business Account with PayPal then you will be able to access your Monthly Sales Summary and Monthly Financial Summary. 

You can phone PayPal and they can walk you through it... it's a very easy process. 

Once you sign up you can go to the top of the PayPal account page and look for Summary, Money, Activity, Reports, Tools etc. 

Just click on Reports for your Monthly Summaries for the year....

I faithfully print off my Monthly Summaries every month. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

I'm having a lot of problems getting my PayPal info for my income taxes this year. A lot of the reports that were available even earlier this year seem to have disappeared. ...

Try these old Paypal history shortcuts (after you have signed into paypal):

Legacy online view: https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

To download: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download
I believe the downloads are limited to a maximum of 12 months of data at a time.

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply