Introduing Shipping Rate Tables!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it benefit to use it?  I see most suggest free shipping.  It means we have to increase the asking prices and it is bad enough that Canada Post gouged us with hefty postal rates with tracking number.  I think I will stick with PayPal as I get very deep discounts there.

Anyone has experience in using the shipping rate tables?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

... I think I will stick with PayPal as I get very deep discounts there.

PayPal gives you the same discounts that the Canada Post website or Shippo gives you.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

USPS recently went to more regions for shipping packages.
I suspect we are seeing this as part of the introduction of those.

It shouldn't make any difference to those using Calculated Shipping.

But it would make a difference to those using Flat Rate shipping or Free Shipping (a sub-set ofFlat Rate) since they can include the shipping in the asking price (which customers really do like) and not lose money because these tables will automagically re-do the asking price/flat rate to allow for the destination.

I won't be adding many books before the end of May, and by then the worst of the problems will have shaken out.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Read the info, they either work for you or they don't.

They are helpful for anyone who can't or won't use the shipping calculator due to it's limitations.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

OMG! It's painful to use. It's not very user friendly, and I can't get separate US and regular int'l shipping. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Where can I find info on these Shipping Rate Tables please?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@bluedawnboutique wrote:

OMG! It's painful to use. It's not very user friendly, and I can't get separate US and regular int'l shipping. 

You have to use the advanced sell your item form in order to specify a different shipping cost to the US vs other international destinations. On the simplified form, check on the top right to see if it gives you an option to change to the advanced one.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it is worth it.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Where can I find info on these Shipping Rate Tables please?

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/shipping-returns/shipping-rate-tables.html

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The only advantage I can see over just using calculated is it could act as a backup during CP outages and maintenance periods (but I dont think its setup to act in that way?) .  I wish they would solve the limitations of the variation listing, but we get more shipping tables.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

One of the concerns with the Shipping Rate Tables, "most" sellers that are using it are doing so based on actual packaged weight. In cases where items are bulky/or a service uses it, dimensional weight would kick in. Final postage is based on the higher charges. The seller could be out funds in those cases.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 11
latest reply