Is there an option to sell only within Canada?

I am not yet a seller here, but I do sell on another platform. I would like to set up some listings that only ship to Canada. Is this possible on Ebay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@whimsydesign wrote:

I am not yet a seller here, but I do sell on another platform. I would like to set up some listings that only ship to Canada. Is this possible on Ebay?

Yes, as long as you list them on eBay Canada (dot CA) and not eBay USA (dot COM). 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unless it has changed, this is not how it works. A lot of people think this is how it works because it isn't straight forward. 

Just because you list on .CA and don't have a shipping option set up for international countries, doesn't mean you don't ship there. As far as eBay is concerned, you offer shipping to those countries but the buyer needs to ask you for an invoice. 

You have to manually add countries to your exclusion list.

Here is what you have to do before you list anything:

1. Click the dropdown menu in the top left corner that says "Hi (your name)".
  2. Select account settings.
  3. Select shipping preferences.
  4. Under shipping settings, click the first option, exclude shipping locations.
  5. Select countries to exclude.

You might see something that says, you are opted into shipping policies. If so, follow the link and the instructions on that page to create a shipping policy. A shipping policy is a pre-set instruction for that you assign to each listing that has all your shipping options already laid out. As part of shipping policy there is an option that says "Exclude Shipping Locations". That is where you can block all other countries.

With that said, you should consider shipping to the USA. I understand not shipping overseas because for a casual seller it can be exceedingly risky and complicated. Shipping to the USA is very simple and easy. The only real complication comes from dealing with returns if the items you sell are expensive and heavy. If you sell small cheaper items, the added sales are worth it.

On top of that, tracked shipping to the USA is actually cheaper in most cases than tracked shipping within Canada if you print the label directly on eBay to take advantage of eBay's Tracked Packet rates. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply