Is there or is there not an "Adults Only" section on eBay.ca?

Thanks in advance for the read.

I acquired some adult trading cards and after I censored them, I listed them on the .com site in the Entertainment category. They sold very well over the weekend and then on Monday, eBay pulled down about half of the remaining listings. The goof was apparently mine, as all adult-themed items are supposed to be in the Everything Else category. Fine.

But when I attempted to move them to that category on .com, the box for me to check for me to accept PayPal on the items does not come up. When I try listing on .ca, I can't even get the "Adults Only" section to come up in the categories.

A couple phone calls to eBay have left me with no answers (the last person told me there should be no problem listing them on .ca and accepting PayPal, but was perplexed when I said I couldn't find the Adults Only category), so I come to you, eBay friends. Some other posts here seem to say there is Adults Only category on .ca, but the people at eBay seem to think differently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm fairly sure that there has never been an adult section on .ca and I don't see one on this list either.

https://pages.ebay.ca/sitemap.html

I don't know if an ebay rep will know, but I'll tag one to see if he knows if and why Canadians cannot use PP on .com in the adult section.

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I greatly appreciate it. I also sent this to Tyler. I'm not in a huge rush to put the rest of the items up (off to a collectibles show this weekend and busy with that) but would just like to get it straightened out.

Happy eBaying!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The Adults only section  on eBay.com and only on eBay.com, is under.... Everything Else.

Buyers remain incognito when they buy....  Paypal is not a  payment option.

Acceptable payments options.....Money order/Cashiers check, Personal check.... from a listing.

To find out more about this category do a search for ......Adults only .....on eBay.com.

Also.....There are certain situations where nudity is acceptable outside this adult only category.....

Quote..... "The description of any art containing nudity can't contain explicit or overly sexual content. You must also include the specific attribute “Subject: Nudes” in your listing and products."

Sometimes allowed... but always... be careful

I once sold a book about Canadian Nude Art... with a nude woman on the front cover of the dust jacket.

The cover was edited in order to block this view of a nude woman....  The block was a white rectangular box  over the critical points for total frontal nudity...

My statement in the listing was that this woman asked me to prevent total exposure to everyone interested in purchasing the book.    

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

On ebay.CA -- never.

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/adult-only.html

Listing on ebay.COM (unless a subcategory that requires approval) should be possible.

You may also need to check that your account didn't get restricted when they took down those listings.

A thread in the other community: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/adult-only-listings/qaq-p/27678325

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for your help!

The person from whom I acquired the cards was convinced he had sold them in the Adults Only section and was able to accept PayPal, but a WorthPoint check shows sales from that time with the cards listed under Benchwarmers, so I bet that was it.

Reading the FAQ it makes it sound as if I should still censor the cards even in the Adults Only section (they are nudes, not graphic action or anything) but a cursory glance says that's not necessary or at least not being enforced.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I will call them back, but the last person I spoke with said they had readded the pulled listing to my unsolds so I could put them back up and made a note on my account about not penalizing me.

Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the tag on this @pjcdn2005, and sorry to be late to this. 🙂

Hi @summitheights00 - @ypdc_dennis got you the most effective answer: there is no Adult Only section or category for you to list those items on eBay.ca.  

In looking into whether or not you can list them on eBay.com, I can see why you'd get different answers when contacting Customer Support: the information we have on Canada-specific enforcement of Adult-Only item policies is scattered, and can appear contradictory. 

I'm going to request further clarification and will update you as I hear back. In the meantime, please do not relist those items (even if they are in your unsold). I want to get some solid information for you before you proceed. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, Tyler! I know I could relist them in the Adult Only category on .com (and will if that's where they belong), but I'll definitely wait until I hear back from you. Sounds like PayPal is out (but if it's not let me know) and wondering about the censored/uncensored stuff.

I am away at the Sport Card Expo in Toronto all weekend, so I won't be available to list anything until Tuesday anyhow. Thanks for your help!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@summitheights00 wrote:
Thanks, Tyler! I know I could relist them in the Adult Only category on .com (and will if that's where they belong), but I'll definitely wait until I hear back from you. Sounds like PayPal is out (but if it's not let me know) and wondering about the censored/uncensored stuff.

I am away at the Sport Card Expo in Toronto all weekend, so I won't be available to list anything until Tuesday anyhow. Thanks for your help!

Hi @summitheights00 - I heard back on this - response follows:

You are able to list these items on eBay.com in the Adult Only section, even as a registered Canadian member. You will not be able to accept PayPal for these items (not a category restriction but an account registration one - eBay.ca members cannot use PayPal in the Adult Only section).

Also, you must present images of the cards as they are – no censoring allowed – and in the proper Adult Only category.

So, the takeaway at this point for me is that you are a bit stuck - I'm not aware of another payment option you can offer that will work. 

If you have an eBay.com registered account (an account with a US based address that was initially registered on .com) you shouldn't run into the PayPal issue. That may be a bit more trouble than it's worth, but hey, if you have a PO Box in the states, it may be worth considering.

Let me know if you run into any other issues with these, or have questions. Hope the expo is on track and you get some good sales/inventory (whichever you're there to do!) 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone - 

A late update to this, but we've updated the Help Pages to more clearly detail the options available to members wanting to sell Adult Only-type items. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

O section called everything else anymore, I just went into the categories section and searched the entire page (hundreds of areas) and not a single "Everything" came up

where do you suggest they might have hidden it?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply