Is this plate worth anything ?

Is this plate worth anything ? Its from the vietnam war era 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this plate worth anything ?

Masonic items are collectible but I doubt if any of those item have a significant value.

Ian

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Here is another picture

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Masonic items are collectible but I doubt if any of those item have a significant value.

Ian

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

1976 is "Vietnam War era"????????

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Well, Saigon fell Spring '75, so pretty close.

Ian

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Lol
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The thing with 'collectible' plates is that everyone who wanted one, bought it.

There is no secondary market.

As a general question, does anyone know if these plates -- and others like the Bradford Exchange ones-- used lead-free glazes and are dishwasher safe?

There are stacks of them at all my favourite thrifts, and I was wondering if they could be used as dinner plates.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The market for these things has tanked unless it's a famous artist or rare.

Most of the new generation have those huge 50 x 40 canvass prints with motivation motifs or wildlife instead of collector plates.

There are still some who collect for sure, but even back in the day when Bradford Exchange was selling them I recall they were expensive for what they are. My dad bought some. I know he dropped hundreds on those plates which sit in a box in storage today.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The thing with 'collectible' plates is that everyone who wanted one, bought it.

There is no secondary market.

As a general question, does anyone know if these plates -- and others like the Bradford Exchange ones-- used lead-free glazes and are dishwasher safe?

There are stacks of them at all my favourite thrifts, and I was wondering if they could be used as dinner plates.

Assume they are not. Sold some plates from a friend's estate (Star Trek themed, so still some collectors out there for those) -- they all came with packaging saying not safe to eat from.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply