Item disappears when sorting search results

Trying to get serious about my store and get some stale items moving so I was doing some research and came across an issue that I wondered if anyone was aware of. I am using a specific example of Fantasia VHS, Canada Only that I have listed for 10 plus 14.99 shipping to my own postal code. When I do a search for Most Relevant I show up fairly early in the search, great.

But then I change the sort to lowest + shipping. I should be very near the top in this search, instead I am no where to be found. There are 2 pages of results and I am not on either.

What gives? Anyone got an idea?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When I search it for best match, you're WAY down the page. When I search using price + shipping you seem to be positioned correctly.  I did notice this however:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 201927.jpg

I don't know how long that's been there (could be years and I just don't remember seeing it). I wonder if it's hiding your own listing from you since you can't buy your own item?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

brettjet38_0-1710895348544.jpeg

It's been around for years...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

the 'streamlined results' thing has been there for ages.  When you choose lowest rpice + shipping and there are over approx 100 items Ebay filters out the ones the deem less relevent.  I always include the missing results by clicking the 'see more results' button.  Usually the stuff that reappears is not stuff you were searching for but sometimes there are low priced items that you were actually looking for.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ok, hopefully that’s it. It’s good you can see it anyway. I have at least a dozen examples from last night. I chatted with support, I got them to agree it seems to be an issue will see what happens.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

for what it's worth ebay support fixed this issue for me. I now show up where i would expect to be. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:

for what it's worth ebay support fixed this issue for me. I now show up where i would expect to be. 

Any idea what they did to "fix" it for you?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Nope. They had opened a ticket and told me to check again in a few days and sure enough it was fixed.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You phoned them?

Yeah.

They got you off the phone and in a few days between other copies selling, more copies at higher or lower prices being uploaded, the phase of the moon, and what point in the monthly cycle your listing was, it rose to where you thought it should be.

Check again in a week and it will be in a different position.

Also when you make duplicated Searches, eBay shows you a different mix of listings each time, because you apparently rejected most of the ones you were shown previously.

I am old and cynical.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I had a dozen examples and they are all fixed so I feel like they actually did something. Honestly I’ve never had an issue with support. I’ve had 4-5 issues over the last few years and all have been resolved in a relatively acceptable time.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply