Keep an eye on myEbay orders "awaiting payment" tab for paid for items that aren't showing as such..

I'm not sure how else to word the title....

Here's what happened for an item I sold on Dec 24th.

Buyer purchased and paid for item.

I got:

-no email regarding the transaction

-no indication on the item that it was paid for, it shows in the "awaiting payment" section of myEbay, however "send invoice" is not an option. (That is how I found it, I was sending invoices off to unpaid items and couldn't figure out why there was no "send invoice" for this one).

-it does show in the sold list under my id if I run a query of sold items

-it does show as sold and paid for looking at the actual item

-I went back and looked at the MP transaction history and it does show the money coming to me through MP (or it will tomorrow I guess).

-I tried "mark the item as paid" which does not work. (The same problem is happening every once in a rare while for shipped items, they NEVER will show as shipped within myEbay).

So the short version is keep an eye on your awaiting payment tab, there MAY be sold/paid for items hiding under there.....

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Keep an eye on myEbay orders "awaiting payment" tab for paid for items that aren't showing as such..

Is it possible that the buyer paid but that the funds haven't processed to a point where ebay says that it is ok to send?  I've never actually noticed a delay like that but just thought I would throw that out there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The payment processed AOK, I checked the MP stuff to confirm, checked again now to be sure.

Still no email, and it still shows as unpaid and I am unable to manually mark it as paid.

Doesn't look like it has happened to anyone else so it is probably just a one off glitch.....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Update for this particular item, I'm also unable to get it to show as shipped within myEbay.

I've discovered a trick to generally avoid the ones that won't mark as shipped, I simply mark them as not shipped and then mark them as shipped again and that makes it work.

However it doesn't work for this one, so it shows both as not paid and not shipped within myEbay, however if one looks in the actual item itself, it is showing paid on the correct date (Dec 24) and shipped today (Dec 29).

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Update for this particular item, I'm also unable to get it to show as shipped within myEbay.

I've discovered a trick to generally avoid the ones that won't mark as shipped, I simply mark them as not shipped and then mark them as shipped again and that makes it work.

However it doesn't work for this one, so it shows both as not paid and not shipped within myEbay, however if one looks in the actual item itself, it is showing paid on the correct date (Dec 24) and shipped today (Dec 29).

This may be something for tyler@ebay . I have noticed lately that some payments process faster than others. Low value super quick. Higher a bit slower. Wish it showed the start and end date for the procedure to get a better idea of how long to expect. I've also had payments process on weekends recently. Something that does happen on dot com but does not match the dot ca schedule. (I've also spotted transactions said to complete on one date and then then get changed to next day.)

-Lotz

As a sidenote does anyone know how long it takes for new sellers to have funds release(after delivery/feedback) or is this documented anywhere in help?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Tyler I'm unable to send you a private message with the item numbers, it wouldn't go, now it tells me I've sent too many (as far as I know I sent NONE successfully).

Anyway here is the info:

Here are the item numbers currently with problems:

This is the one that won't show payment nor shipment within myebay (this is the one for the item you were tagged on).  Item 203346740542 

This is one that wont show as shipped within myebay (before I found my trick to fix the issue)  Item 202774243118 

Let me know if you need other info.....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi @ricarmic - I'm looking into this now, thank you for the item numbers!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

As a sidenote does anyone know how long it takes for new sellers to have funds release(after delivery/feedback) or is this documented anywhere in help?

-Lotz

I was recently trying to look this up on .com, seems they have "vaguerized" the page somewhat (there is no longer a definition of "new seller/infrequent".

It does state this:

recped_0-1640997713795.png

I don't know if "up to 21 days" is actual days or business days, don't know if confirmed delivery speeds up the release of funds prior to 21 days.

The same info is posted on .ca and .com but there have been policies related to this issue in the past that were slightly different for US Sellers vs CA Sellers so it's possible for Canadians "up to" actually means "not less than".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply