Keep getting Technical errors when sending invoices

laubc14
Community Member

For the past few weeks, I tried multiple times to send invoices. I have been getting the same message over and over, stating:

! There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.

I actually had to cancel an order (from Singapour) last week because I thought it was a one-time event, but I got it again today with a new sell (New Hampshire).

Please, I seriously need help! I can't call eBay's customer service right now. I made some research on Internet and litterally no one found the answer. I tried with a different browser, with a sale tax, with a discount... nothing works.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Keep getting Technical errors when sending invoices

tyler@ebay  

Problem still repeating that was first reported in January 2020.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

There are at least two ways to send an invoice; if one is not working for you, try the other method listed here:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/fees-invoices/feesinvoices-getting-paid/issue-invoice-combining-payments?id...

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@laubc14 wrote:

For the past few weeks, I tried multiple times to send invoices. I have been getting the same message over and over, stating:

! There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.

I actually had to cancel an order (from Singapour) last week because I thought it was a one-time event, but I got it again today with a new sell (New Hampshire).

Please, I seriously need help! I can't call eBay's customer service right now. I made some research on Internet and litterally no one found the answer. I tried with a different browser, with a sale tax, with a discount... nothing works.

Thank you very much.

Hopefully I am not mistaken but it appears sending an invoice error message has been finally resolved. Maybe it is true. Good things come to those who wait. And wait. And wait.

Now if all the exceptions for sending a revised invoice will be resolved. Bonus prize!!! This will become very important with FVF's and/or PayPal fees that are no longer refunded when issuing a refund.Refunds.JPG

Something sellers may need to consider going forward if they choose to issue a refund for whatever reason is applicable, even if it's only partial refund.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

This issue just happened to me for the first time, sold item from BC to California, taxes automatically applied, but "technical error" when trying to send....I think I sent the buyer 10 invoices before I found out in this forum that they still got it even though the error message came up. Hopefully they don't think I'm crazy lol.

Ebay fix this already!!

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 25 of 25
latest reply